4.Care?

"Found ya" a voice says making me jump as an arm is wrapped around me and  pulls me back towards the person.
"What the hell daryl!?" I whisper yell.
"I looked for ya all night" he says back looking pissed.
"I was watching the view" I say pointing to the sunrise. I gaze into it as Daryl climbs though the rest of the window and release his hold on me.

I glance at him to see a worried expression on his face.
"Penny for your thoughts?" I ask.
"We keep loosing people. I don't know who's next" he responded surprising me.
"I'm scared too" I reply staring off.
"How'd ya get on here the window was locked from da inside?" He asks suddenly remembering that he checked last night.

"I climbed from Maggies window" I say and Daryl stares at me.
"Dats stupid of ya"
"Yeah but it kept you on your toes for a good few hours" I say earning a snort.
"Why were you so worried anyway?" I ask looking down.
"Ya hurting. No one should be alone when their hurting" he says staring off with me.
"I just need a bit of time is all... you should go get some sleep" I say standing up.
"Nah I'm good" he says following my actions.
"Daryl i will chain you to your tent if I have too"

"Now why are ya worried about me?"
"It's because of me that your tired and if something happens cause you didn't react quick enough It would be my fault and I don't need anything else on me" I mumble the last bit.
"I'm not tired though" he says after rubbing his eyes.
"Yeah whatever imma go grab some food" I say walking away from him.

"Hey rick?" I ask into his tent.
"Thea your okay?" He says jumping out.
"Daryl has us up all night with his yelling" he says laughing.
"Yeah sorry I just need to be alone for a bit. But anyway I was wondering if you had handcuffs?"
"Yeah. Why you need them?" He asks curiously.
"I'm gonna chain Daryl to his tent so he has to sleep. It's my fault he's tired so I have to do something" I say looking down.
"Right okay then. Here" he says handing silver handcuffs to me.
"Thanks rick" he nods.

I spotted Daryl next to his tent cleaning his crossbow. Here my chance.
I hide the handcuffs as I approach him. And go straight into the tent.
This bits gonna hurt I think to myself as I cut a small line across my palm and shove my hand in my bag.

"OW" I yell faking pulling my hand out. As Expected Daryl stumbles in, confused and annoyed before demanding to see my hand and calling me stupid names.
I show him and while he examines I grab the handcuffs and trap him before putting the other side on post in the middle of the tent.

"What the hell!?" He calls as I grab his bag making sure he can't use anything in their to get out.
"Don't worry I'll guard the door while you sleep" I say grinning as i leave the tent.
"Wait!" He shouts after me.

I spend the rest of the day sitting outside the tent thinking about last night.
"Thea I need to talk to you" Carl says walking up to me.
"Sure what is it little man?"
"It's my fault dales dead" he says making me stare in shock.
"But how yo-"
"I was teasing the walker that got him earlier that day in the swamp" he says.
"Well I guess were in the same boat. If I ran fast or looked up I could have warned him I could have saved him" I mumble. Me and Carl both look down as we except the guilt.

"Thea your leg! It's bleeding!" Carl shouts.
"Dam must have popped some stitches" I say standing up and walking into the tent.
Daryl is fast asleep on his bed. I smile at my small victory.

I managed to grab my first aid kit without waking daryl and went outside.
"What are you doing?" Carl ask as I cut my trousers for access.
"Stitching it up" I say threading the needle.
"Yourself?! But it's painful" he shouts
"Been though wores" I say as I pull the needle though my leg.
I yelp a bit before putting the end of my handkerchief in my mouth to silence me.
Carl turns away as I continue my pattern.
In, out, in, out. I feel each spike.