41. The broken promise

When I got back to the gate, I drop the body and finally put pressure on my wound.
"Thea!" May screams as I drop to my knees.
"Lockhim up I'll be their in a minute" I mumble rubbing my face.
She looks shocked for a minute before dragging the man in and locking him in the cell.
Liam helped me up and we made our way over to the cell as he begins to wake up.
"Get out" I tell the kids and they nod leaving.

"What's your name?" I ask.
"Archie" he mumbles.
"Whos group are you from?" I ask.
"The saviours" he lies.
"No your not. In the woods you said 'their not monsters' meaning you are from a different group helping him" I explain and he nods his head.

"Fine you've got me. I'm from a small group. Their less then 10 of us and we were starving so we struck a deal with negan" he explains.
"You picked the wrong side. Negan gets food though killing and stealing, we earn it" I explain.
"We didn't know you existed till negan said to kidnapped you. You should have seen Dan's face when he first saw the walls" he says smiling at the memories.

"Okay. Say I believe you: why did you join us after you found out about us?" I ask.
"He killed two of ours. With Danny gone their only 7 now, possibly less and have you seen how rick reacted to the saviours. If we mumbled that we were even though of becoming allies with negan we would be dead!" He shouts getting up.
"Your wrong. That's for the saviours. We're trying to save the workers, you would count as a worker, as we were counted as workers" I explain and he sighs.

"Their was no changing Nathan's mind. He tries to do the best but he's scared like all of us. We're stuck in the middle of a war, starving. I told him that we should have left when we could but he said that this was an opportunity" he says shaking his head.
"Here, eat it my be the last you get for a while. I'll talk to my leader but we may need to meet yours to change your situation" I say handing his my bread.

"Thank you Thea and I apologies" he says pointing at my shoulder.
"It's fine. I think I'm getting used to it" I explain.
"Their will be a guard on the door if you need anything" I say walking out.
I manage to set may up outside the door so I could go stitch myself up again.

After stitching myself up I sanitised my wound again and wrap bandages around my chest.
I glance in the mirror and notice how pale I am before taking a sip of the vodka and laying down on the bed for rest.

"Thea!" I hear a voice shout making me jump.
"Oh it's you" I say seeing Daryl as he takes the drink from my hand and examines how much is missing.
"Don't worry it was half empty before. I didn't use much" I say as he puts a hand over my bandages.
"You bitten?" He asks softly as I shake my head.

"They wouldn't have let me in if I was" I say with a smile.
"Did them bastards do this?" He growls.
"They were forced too. Just as we were forced to be slaves" I say sitting up as he lightly grasps the arm negan burnt.

The burn marks are in an x shape and are well healed considering the time I had.
"This is my fault" he mumbles rubbing his hand over them.
"No it's not" I whisper kissing him.
He accepts it and deepens it.

Slowly he leans me against the floor making me wince at my shoulder.
He notices and takes kisses down to my shoulder before pulling back.
"Have ya seen the doctor?" He asks standing up.
"Well no but I'm pretty sure I did a good job" I say sitting up again.

"That's not the point" he grumbles grabbing a mirror and facing it towards me.
"Ya look like a corpse" he says sadly.
"Trust me, I'm fine" i say putting it down. He snorts as I stand up.

"Well thanks for waking me. I've got stuff to do" I mumble as he protests.
"I'll be carful" I promise walking out.
"Fine, take this. It's getting cold" Daryl concludes as he hands me a leather jacket.
"Thanks" I say hugging him and putting it on.
"I'll be at hilltop if you need me" I inform him before leaving.