31. Concussions and crossbows

I wake up groggy on a wet concrete floor.
My hands are knotted behind me and my mouths gagged.

I slowly push myself up with a raving headache  and look at Carol and Maggie tied infront of me.
"the baby" Carol says as a woman paces infront of me. Cigarette in hand.
"Honey you have bigger problems then some second hand smoking" she says taking a puff.
"Molles" the lady with a gun says and the woman sighs.

"You lot are worse then eve Christian second graders" she complains as she puts it out and I snort.
"Ohh look who's awake" she says pulling my gag out.
"Good morning to you too" I say with a sweet smile.
"I apologies on that idiots behalf, he used more force then we agreed on" she says and I nod.
"It's fine, I should be used to it by now" I say and she smiles.

"Atleast this one has some balls" she says standing up and coughing.
"Their gonna kill you" Carol says.
"Already has. I'm a dead woman walking, which puts us in the same boat" she says and I roll my eyes.

"He bitten?" I ask pointing at the guy that knocked me out.
"My arm feels like it's on fire!" He complains.
"You pull that off and your gonna be nothing but a slinkit!" Molles shouts at him.
"Their half an hour out" the ginger confirms.

"He doesn't have 30 minutes" Maggie says.
"His nerves are dying. If he doesn't get medical help he's gonna loose his arm, maybe even his life" she explains.
"I'm not a doctor but my dad lost his leg and I know all about this. Your man premo? Can he help you? It's time to end this. Talk to rick" she urges.
"30 minutes" the ginger confirms her choice.

"You know my problem?" He asks getting up.
"Anger issues?" I ask sarcastically.
"She did this to me" he says walking up to Carol. I feel anger grow inside me as I get ready to jump up if need be.

"And she's sitting their as right as rain while my arms dying"
"Hey" the ginger protests.
"No if we're not gonna make the trade we may as well do them in now" he says as a hand pushes me back to the floor.
"Not now we need insurance" the woman disagrees.

"Then shoot her in the arm too" he growls.
"No" the lady laughs out.
"You really gonna stick up for some gutless bitch over me?" He asks and I narrow my eyes in confusion.
"God dam it!" He shouts grabbing his arm.

"Shut up" she shouts.
"Damn you Paula" he says.
He strikes Paula and stands us straight.
"No" Maggie shouts kicking his legs.

He falls and grabs Maggie by the hair bringing her up.
"Don't you dare!" I shout punching him with both hands, considering their tied.

He drops maggie and pushes me across the room and into a wall.
My vision goes blurry as he begins to kick Carol.

Despite the pain and bindings I do the stupidest thing I could do and fight.
I put my arms over his head and pull back, putting the poor bastard in an unbreakable headlock till he passes out.
"Don't move!" Paula shouts at the woman that was smoking as I drop his barely breathing body.

"You really are a new kind of stupid" Paula tells Maggie as I stand up.
"Take her out, I think she knows more then she's letting on" she says as the gun girl takes maggie out.
"And you. You move again and I'll finish you" she says pointing at me.

"Fine with me" I mumble as the concussion sends waves of pain though my head. My eyes slowly dip as I drag my body back to the wall.

"Hey Thea! Stay awake" Carol motivates.
"Yeah" I say ripping my shirt and using it as a bandage on my arm and leg to stop the little bleeding.
"That will do" I mumble closing my eyes in my now tank top.
The room stays silent as I finally get some shut eye.

"Come on I've got Maggie " carol says dragging me into a sitting position.
"I need a knife" I mumble as she puts the blade in my hands.
"Thanks" I mumble cutting the tape and getting up with a wobble.