13: Ghost

I wake up to a lot of shouting.
Quickly I move and look over the side to see the group arguing over merle.
"He's ma brother he's staying, I'll look after him!" Daryl shouts.
"He's not staying after what he did" glenn shouts back.
"What did he do? Ha he carried out orders, ones that he ain't gonna reserve any more" Daryl shouts at his brothers rescue.

"Daryl has a point, he was following orders" I say.
"Of course you'll choose his side. But have you forgotten that Merle kidnapped us and shot you" Glenn shouts.
"No I haven't but their has to be a way to do this... if we kick him out we loose Daryl again. If he stay we'll have to constantly look over our shoulders" I explain trying to think.
"She's right we kick him out and we're just as bad as the governor" rick points out taking a seat.

"And what about the last group that came? You kicked them out" hershel asks rick
"That was a mistake, I wasn't in the right state of mind" rick explains.
"Are you now?" The sword lady asks.
"I think so" rick answers.

"I didn't catch your name" I say to the lady.
"It's michonne and I'm gonna guess your Thea" she says waving.
"That's me" I say waving.
"Can we go back to the matter at hand" Maggie asks.
"Right sorry" I say walking down the stairs.
"We can lock his door at night I'll let him out in the mornings and follow him around if I have too" Daryl explained.
"I'll help" I say walking over to merle.

"Ahhh the princess wants to help keep me, aint that sweet little brother" he say before I punch him in the face.
"That's for shooting me and you better toughen up cause I'm sure glenn and Maggie have some revenge bottled up too" I say walking past Daryl.
"You have yourself a little spitfire brother, I'm proud" he says rubbing his jaw.
"Just shut up" Daryl groans.

"I'm sorry about my brother" Daryl says walking over as I pour some food out.
"It's fine, unless he wants another punch" I say smiling.
"He right though, you have fire" he smirks as he repeats merles words.
"Yeah...can I borrow your keys?"
"What? Why?" He asks confused.
"Because I like checking the fence and that room I found a while ago" I say handing him a bowl.

"Fine but you tell me when your going or I'll hunt you down" he says sternly.
"Alright" I say and he hands me a pair of keys.
"I'm gonna go to that room" I tell him and whistle for lucky to follow as I begin to walk out.
"Be safe" he says as I walk past him.
"When am I not?" I joke making him glare at me.
Chuckling I made my way down the halls towards the room.

"Welcome to my humble abode" I say to lucky as we enter the room.
She dosent waste time in going to sniff out the room.
"So this is where you go to hide?" I hear merle asks behind me.
"Yeah why are you here?"
"Looking if their was any good places to find some meth around here" he says looking around my room.
"Their isn't" i confirm hoping he would leave.
"That's a shame... can I ask you a question?"
"Shoot... no don't just ask the question" I say rubbing my face.
"Do you love my brother?"
"I do more then he knows I think... I'm so unused to love I don't know how to show it or what to do" I explain.
"We'll from what I've seen you've been showing it pretty well sugar... does the group know?"
"Some of them" I say looking at lucky staring at the window.

"Whats her name?" He asks looking at the dog.
"Her names lucky" I say opening the window so she can jump out and I join her on the roof.
I listen as Merle joins me as I grab a cigarette and light it.
I bring in the smoke as I smack merles hand away from the pack.
"Your not gonna give old Merle a smoke?" He asks acting hurt.
"No cause these are the last ones I'll have for a while and I only just got lucky with finding it" I say before blowing it off.

"How come? Can't you go to town and get some more?" He ask confused.
"Daryl dosent Like me having them" I state sitting on the edge of the wall.
"How come? He smokes" he says confused.
"It's a long story" I say simply.
"I have time" he says sitting down as I sigh in defeat and start the story.