30. Insecure

"How long to do think rick and Michonne have been hugging buddies?" I hear Abraham ask.
"I don't know" Daryl replies as I hide at the top of the stairs.
"You ever think about it? Settling down? I mean you have thea but you don't strike me as the marrying type" he explains and I strain my ears for an answer.
"I like it how it is now" he replies and i mentally smack myself for having any ounce of hope.

It doesn't matter though. As long as we're together, it shouldn't matter.
"What about kids? I know you have the troublesome three" Abraham rambles.
"Can't. Not if we wanted too" Daryl replies.
I stand up and start making my way down with questions filling my mind.
What if he did and I'm just holding him back? Would he be happier if he was with someone else? Why am I over thinking?

"Can't believe I had to shower" I moan as I put my jacket back on.
"That god damn horse!" A woman shouts running in.
Jesus makes his way down and starts to calm the woman.
"I swear to god I'm gonna kill it!" She shouts.
"You have horses here?" I ask.
"Yeah" she states turning to Jesus.
"I used to have a horse that wouldn't let anyone else ride him. I can Try break this one and if I can't It would be like I hadn't tried" I say and she nods before turning to Jesus.

"Go ahead" he says with a smile as the girl nods.
"Let's go then" she says leading me out the house.
"My names Ashley" she introduces.
"Thea" I say and she nods.
"You guys gonna be joining us or what?" She asks.
"I don't think so. We have our own community and your leader has already show us he's difficult" I explain.

"He's just looking out for us" she says as we come to school.
"Their he is. Bastard won't break!" She shouts pointing at a horse tied to the side.

 Bastard won't break!" She shouts  pointing at a horse tied to the side

"Certainly has a lot of power behind him" I say looking at his legs.
"Yeah. Trust me everyone that's sat on him knows. The most someone has lasted is a minute" she grumbles.

"Alright. Well no hard feelings if I break the record right?" I ask and she nods with a smirk.
"Go ahead" she says as I strap on a helmet and swing myself up.
Instantly he starts going wild. I cling on with my thighs and pull the veins back making him regret it.

Slowly I manage to lead him in the cage and smile. Ashley nods for me to continue as I guide him along the edge of the ring.
"There there boy" I whisper as he starts to get mad again.
I cling onto the saddle as he rears and takes off with me on him.

He keeps going trying to get me off and doing every skill In a horses book to do so. But failing.
Slowly he comes to a stop as I sort out my hair and smile at Ashley.
"That's two minutes" she whisper checking her watch.

"Move" I say kicking his side as he strolls forward.
"What's his name?"I ask her.
"Um the kids called him spice" she says and I shake my head.
"No wonder the horse hates you" I say kicking his side and getting him to walk around the edge.