49: The alpha

That night was painful.
I mean waking up with bruised ribs and chucking up water painful. There was a storm and a flash flood.
It just so happens that we sleep on a small boat. On. The. Water.

So today I'm packing up and seeing what Daryl has to say.
Atleast I didn't burn the place down.
I pack what little cloths I got and filled my water before taking off on spice for hilltop.

As I got their they open the gates and I instantly get greeted with hugs and old friends.
A few minutes after me the group returns with eugene, a new girl and a very dead friend.
Daryl throws the girl in the cells as I wait patiently for him to come back up.

I glance around notice a few new people in the group and one of the them using sign language.
I smile slight and walk over and introduce myself in sign.
'I'm connie' she answers and I nod.
'You new here?' I ask and she nods.
'Michonne brought us in' she answers.
'Michonnes here?' I ask and she nods pointing at michonne as she walks out the cell room with Daryl and Terra.
'Thanks' I reply walking up to them.

"Hey Thea" Michonne says as I pull her into a hug.
"I thought you were staying at home" Daryl mumbles before pulling me into a hug.

I grab a pen and write on my arm that their was an accident.
"What kinda accident?" Daryl asks.
'Flash flood' I write and he runs his face.
'I brought everything here, didn't know what you wanted to do' I write before putting the pen away.

"Alright. We'll stay here tonight if that's alright" Daryl asks Terra.
"Of course" she replies before walking off with Michonne to talk business.
Dog runs up and I crouch to give him a fuss as he gives me kisses.

"Have you had any word from Nathan?" Daryl asks and I shake my head as I stand up again.
'Busy' I sign and he nods.
"Come on let's go find a place to sleep" he mumbles and I nod.

We ended up in the hay loft again. He didn't mind considering it's now summer and warm up their.
He sits opposite me with the dogs head on his lap as we watch the small flames from the lantern flicker.

"That girl, is working with a bunch of people that wear walker skin. Killed Jesus" he states suddenly.
I shake my head.
"Gonna try and get her to talk tomorrow" he mumbles.
I nod and smile softly at him as he seems to give up on a conversation.

"I-I'm so-orry" I stutter quietly as I try to speak for the first time in 5 years.
He looks shocked for a minute before jumping up and walking over to me and pulling my head into his chest.
"What for?" He asks.
"No-ot ta-alk-in" I stutter and I feel a light rumble from his chest.
"Dont be" he mumbles stroking my hair as dog pushes himself next to me and lies down.
"We should get some sleep" he mumbles and I nod.

He pulls up back so we're laying on the hay and pulls me deeper to himself as if clinging onto the sound of my voice.
"Goodnight" he says closing his eyes.
"Lo-ove yo-ou" I stutter quietly.
"I love you too" he whisper as we fall asleep.

"Please don't tell me you slept up their" Michonne jokes as we walk down.
"What? You mean the penthouse suite? Dog picked it" Daryl states pulling my hand with his.

"Alvin and Luke were supposed to be back by now. Could be nothing or it could be somthing. What you gonna do with that girl?" Michonne asks as his hand squeezes mine.
"Why this up to me?" He asks.
"Because your the best judge of character I know. Without Jesus and Maggie they need you"
"They have Terra" Daryl states.
"Terras smart but she shouldn't do it alone... what we did, bringing Jesus back, it's gonna help them move on but after that it's about doing whatever it takes to not bury more" she explains.

"Alright" he mumbles as she walks off.
"I-I'll hel-lp" I whisper and he nods.
"Thank you" he says as we make our way to the funeral.

As the funeral ends I watch Daryl storm towards the cell room.
I chase after him to make sure nothing bad happens as he demands her name.
"Answer the question. Do you wanna die is that it?" He asks as she hides In The corner.
"Daryl! What's your problem?!" Henry shouts from the cell over.