37. Memories

I wake up to banging on my door. Daryl grumbles from beneath me as rose sturs on the couch.
"Shhh!" I whisper yell getting up.
"Leave it" Daryl says stubbornly.
"I can't" I mumble opening the door.

"Come on we have to train" Ashley says yanking me out the door.
"Ashley it's too early. If we start now you legs will give in before noon" I say pulling back.
"I know but I need to be ready. Please Thea" she begs.
"I havnt had breakfast. I'll call you when I'm ready" I say going back into the trailer.

"She's a morning person, god have mercy on me" I whisper collapsing back on Daryl.
"I like your hair" he whispers playing with the start of the braid.
"Yeah Simon did it, from the cloths stall" I say and he grunts.
"We should get breakfast. I don't know how long I can hold off ash" I say getting up again.

I grab a small piece of bread and nibble on it till it vanishes.
I grab my knife belt and strap it on before leaning down and giving Rose a forehead kiss.
I turn to Daryl and smile before walking over and kissing his lips.
He deepens it for a second before I pull away.

"I'll see you later okay?" I ask and he nods as I walk out.
I trip over a body before I could close the door. I grumble to myself before turning to Ashley as she rubs her back on my stair case.
"You know considering how fast you are your very clumsy" she says standing up.
"I'm clumsy? You don't just lie down infront of the door when their one exit!" I shout as I turn to the open door.

Daryl standing their with a knowing smirk on his face.
"You don't speak to anyone about this!" I say pointing at him.
"Why? You gonna fall over me?" He asks.
"No ive already fallen for you" I joke and he snorts in disgust before closing the door.
"He hates that type of stuff" I tell Ashley.
"And you love teasing him?" She asks.
"That I do" I laugh as we make our way back to the area we were training in yesterday.
"Go easy on me?" Ashley asks.
"Not a chance" I laugh as we begin training.

A sound of bike wheel cuts out training short.
I glance up the hill and see Daryl signalling me up to him.
I run up as Maggie and Enid joins us.
"We won't make it out in time" Maggie says.
"Come on" Enid urges as we run up to the house.

She opens a hatch to the basement at the back of the house and pushes us down.
"Stay down their I'll keep them away" she says and we get swollen by darkness as she closes the door.
"Damn it" Daryl grumble messing with a match box before a small flame lights the room.
"We need to hide incase" I say as Daryl passes the match and keeps watch out the door.
"Help me move this?" I ask Maggie as we move the shelf.

"Daryl!" I whisper yell as he moves into the back of the shelf next to us. He pulls it shut as Maggie moves to the back of the small space we have.

We are still touching shoulder thanks to the small room which also meant Daryl was squashed against my chest.
"Sorry" he mumbles bringing his knife to his chest as I squish myself against the wall as much as possible.

Not long after a man comes down and takes one of the baskets of food.
On this way out Daryl starts moving forward so I put a hand on his shoulder and shake my head.
He gets the message and puts his knife down. The man leaves and closes the door behind him.

As he does I move out of the place I was in and check the door with the other two behind me.
"You we're gonna kill that guy?" Maggie asks him.
"He was gonna find us" Daryl says.
"He wasn't and he didn't" Maggie says as I feel an urge to curl up and die before the argument starts.
"He deserved to die" Daryl says and I nod.
"Ever since you guys got here you barely talk to me. Not like before. Would you look at me?" She asks as I keep my eyes on the door.

"Daryl" she says as he turns to her.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry" he breaks down as a tear rolls down my face.
"It wasn't your fault" Maggie says as I turn to them.
"She's right. It's not your fault" I whisper.
"You are one of the good things in this world. That's what Glenn thought, he would know cause he was one of the good things too. I want to kill negan, I want to string him up and watch him die but we have to win" she says breaking down half way though. I watch them hug before turning my attention back outside.