39. A tease

Everyone screams at the tiger as some take shots and the king runs around the corner.
"Thea!" The king shouts throwing a gun as I catch it and kill 3 more saviours.
"The saviours will run! Alexandria will not fall on this day!" He screams.

I grab another gun off the floor and start doing double shots at the ones trying to run.
I run back towards the houses kill people between them.
I kill one that was attacking may as she sits up.
I nod before going back to my search. I manage to kill most the trash people as rick kept his aims on negan.
I ran back towards the group as a growl stops me in my tracks.

"Hey. It's me. You remenber right?" I ask as she slowly walks over and sniffs my hands.
"Thanks for not eating me" I whisper pulling my hand away.
She walks past me towards the gate and I slowly follow to see people surrounding the gate.
Daryl on top of a truck seeing if they've gone.
I set my head down and put one gun in the back of my pants still holding the other ready as I open the gate with great difficulty and three other people.
"Gonna go check the area. I'll be back in a bit" I tell them as the king nods.

"I'll come with you. Everyone else should help clear the ruins" he announces to his people before following me.
"Thank you for coming" I say as he wraps the chain around shiva's neck again.
"Thank you for convincing me. Your words got me thinking and Negans actions had me decide" he explains and I nod pulling my arm up to my chest and cradling it as we walk.
After a few minute he speaks again.

"I'm happy we came. If we didn't I would have missed the chance" he says and I smile.
"Yeah I would have missed a few more days on earth if you didn't appear" I joke walking around a tree.
"You seem more troubled then before this. Would you like to share your thoughts?" He asks and I sigh.
"I lost someone close to me yesterday... I told her sister that we should hope i died and she agreed" I explain and he nods.

"She is hurting and so are you. It's times like these where you have to cling to stuff you love. For me that is my tiger and my garden. What is yours?" He asks.
"Daryl but I like archery as well. Ricks like my dad and I swore to protect Carl, I nearly failed today" I say grimly.
"But you didn't" he says simply.
"Thanks to you" I say.

"Why are you holding your arm like that?" He asks.
"Um, negan wanted to set an example. It's nothing I'll get it checked later" I say and he nods.
"Looks clear we should head back" he says and I nod.

"Just keep them clean and bandages. Cant risk infection" the doctor explains wrapping up the burns.
"Thanks" I say as she finishes.
"No worries. Hey um next time you head out can you look for some more painkillers. This war has brought us low" she explains and I nod walking out.

On the way out I notice daryl helping to carry a person to the doctors as someone takes his place.
He notices me and glances to my hand as I walk out.
"What happened?" He asks still handing the person over to the doctors.
"Nothing bad" I reply walking past him as hurries to fall into step.
"That isn't what I asked" he says and I smile.
"Don't worry about it we just have to get these people moving before they bleed out" I say helping someone stand with Daryl on the other side.

We drop the man off In silence that break seconds after.
(Warning: teasing. Don't worry no smut)
"If you tell me I'll kiss Ya" he says pulling me into an alleyway.
"Really?" I tease.
"Tell me" he grunts.
"Negan wanted revenge for fat joeys death. He didn't have an iron so he used a fire poker" I explain his face screws up.
"You didn't kill fat joey" he says and I smile.
"That's not how this goes. I tell you and you kiss-" I get cut off by his lips.

A hand plays with my short hair as I pull his waist into mine.
"Stop it" he grunts between the kiss.
"What wrong? Cant take me?" I tease kissing down his collarbone.
He grunts in pleasure as I dip under his arm and walk away.