15. New friends

I grunt as we carry the last armed fence over to the front of the gate.
"You okay?" He ask as we drop the log and I hunch over to release the pressure in my ribs.
"Yeah just ache"
"Come on, let's go in" he say taking my hand so we aren't only connected by the metal before taking it off.

"You two seem lovie dovie" Rick says walking past us.
"Shut up" Daryl grunts letting go of my hand.
"Oh come on we're just releaved you guys finally admitted it" carol jumps in.
"The tension was getting too much" Glenn continues.

"I hate all of you" I say as they laugh at me and Daryl hides a bit.
"Thea can you watch Judith so maggie can help us with the defence?" Rick asks as he walks in.
"Sure I can watch her a bit" I say smiling.
"Cool, come on let's get back to work" rick motivates as everyone moans and walks out except me, Carl and Judith.
"Soo what you reading?" I ask annoyingly as Carl looks over his comic.
"Just a comic" he says pulling it back up.
"Alright nice conversation" I laugh picking up Judith and a bottle.

"How long ya been babysitting?" Daryl asks looking in the room.
"How long have you been working?" I counter.
"A few hours." He replies as I yawn.
"Why don't you sleep while she's quiet?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.
"What if she chokes or somthing and I don't hear it?" I asks staring back at the baby.
"Alright come on" he says as rick comes in and pushes me out the room to sleep.
"Night rick" I say walking up the stairs.

"Can you tell me what happened with the governor when you met him?" I ask curiously as I splat my mattress.
"He wants michonne and then he'll leave us alone"
"Ricks not going through with it is he?" I ask sitting up.
"No I don't think he has it in him" Daryl says pulling me back down.
"Now sleep, ya need it" he says walking out.
"Night" I call rolling over.
"Night" he says in the doorway before disappearing.

"Hey thea! Come on wake up!" I hear Carl shout as he shook me.
"Alright I'm up" I say rubbing my eyes.
"Governors on his way! Come on we have a plan!" He shouts pulling me up.
"Alright so whats my roll in this plan?" I ask stretching.
"You stay in the closet with Judith, lucky and me" he says handing me Judith.
"Why was I given this job?" I moan carrying her.
"Because rick and Daryl agreed you shouldn't be on the field" he says dragging me off into the maze of corridors.

"This way" I guide him to my room knowing it would be safe.
"Where are we going?" He asks carrying the bags.
"To my secret room. It's safe and deep in the maze of rooms we have here" I say opening the door and leading them in.
"Here, lock the door" I say throwing him the keys.
"It's a cute room" he comments as I put Judith down in the stack of blankets and pillows I made the first time I came here.
"Now we sit and wait" I mumble making sure Judith is cozy and dosent cry.

"How long is this going to take?" I ask Carl before I hear an explosion.
"Never mind" I quickly say picking up Judith in case she starts crying.
After a couple minutes of gunfire and explosions it finally stops and I'm guessing the governor moves into the prison.

Quietly I rock Judith making her stop crying after In a couple minutes.
"Grab lucky" I say quietly as Carl takes hold of her collars so she doesn't run away.
I sing Judith a quick lullaby as I place her down.
Swiftly I move to the tables lined up against the door and push them closer so it's impossible so no one can get in without my command.
"We all in position?" I hear through a walkie talky that Carl brought with him.
"Yeah" I hear Daryl and sigh in relief.
"We're hiding" Carl whispers into the mic.
"Is Thea their?"
"Yeah don't worry Daryl" he says giggling.
"Talk in a bit" rick says putting his talkie away.

"Heya in their?" Daryl calls though to the room.
The shooting had stopped about 10 minutes before Daryl's voice entered my ears.
"Yeah can you open the door Carl?" I ask throwing him the keys.
"Sure" he replies as I went back to burping Judith.
"We had dem running. We went after them and it was a blood bath" Daryl explains walking over to lucky.
"He killed them?" I ask turning to look at him.
"From the look of it. We found a girl, gonna take her back ta Woodbury... just wanted ta see ya first" he says.