2.Closer

I wake up in the back of my truck again. This time warmer.
I glance down and see a big red blanket coating my form along with Carl's in the corner of the truck.
Smiling I get up and untie the cloth still wrapped around my wrist.

Sneaking out the truck I manage to get to the camp fire without waking Carl.
"Ya hungry now?" Asked a voice I know too well.
"Abit" I reply picking up a bowl. I hear him snort.
"Do you know who put the blanket on us?" I ask him from the other side of the fire.
"Ya, it was me why?" He grumbles looking me in the eye.
"Just wanted to thank you. It was kinda chilly last night" I state in gratitude.
"Yeh I noticed" he says putting his bowl down  and walking over to poke the dying fire.
"Good morning" I hear carol hum as she grabs a bowl of the porridge stuff.
"Morning" me and Daryl respond.

Soon after carol the group emerge from their tents. I ended up moving to the floor to allow people to sit while lorry woke up Carl.
"Uh guys! Theirs walkers in the barn!"
And with that all hell broke loose.

I stayed with Carl while the group argued over if they should destroy the walkers.
"Why aren't you over their?" Carl asks shovelling the food.
"You wanna be alone? Besides I'm not really part of the group at this point so going over with my option would be useless" he stops shovelling his food and takes a second to swollow before saying:
"You as much a part of this group as me and shouldn't you see if glenns speaking the truth?" He says confused.
"Nah I trust Glenn and anyway what would that group be arguing about if it wasn't over the barn" I point out and Carl smiles.

Aannndddd I ended up on guard duty. Turns out they do see me as part of the group and said about how I have to earn my keep.
Just great. But it's not that bad, other then the constant moaning of the dead behind me it's peaceful.
"Ya wanna drink?" Daryl asks tilting his bottle towards me. Or yeah forgot he was also on guard duty.
"You scared the shit out of me"
"How? I've been sitting here the whol' time" he says exstending his accent.
"I just zoned out" I say lifting my arm above my head and chilling back.
"Well ya wanna drink or not?" He asks again.
"Nah I'm good thanks" I say flashing a smile.

"I need to get a new top" I chuckle to myself playing with the torn sleeves.
"Yeah we can make a run inta town" Daryl says leaning back like I was.
"Here comes trouble" I mumble as I watch Shane and the group storming towards us. Daryl jumps up and grabs his gun.
"What the fuck?" He asks and I look to see rick and hershel pushing walkers towards the barn.
"Oh shit" I say picking up my gun.

The group starts arguing behind me but I pay them no mine as the barn of walkers grow restless. At least I didn't until I hear three gunshot and find myself having to check if anyones hurt.
"-his heart. whys he still coming at me?" Shane screams.
"SHANE THATS ENOUGH" Rick yells over the groups madness.
"Your right this is enough. Enough of looking for a dead little girl enough of this bullshit" he screams running to the barn and braking the locks so a slow trickle of walkers emerged.

I could name every one that came out that barn. The neighbours, towns drunk and even Hershel's wife.
I helped to shoot as tear fell down and into my mouth.

As it ended I glanced to the greenes crying and crumpled on the floor.
I turn to walk to them before another growl enters the silence.
A little girl walks out. She has dirty blond hair and a bite in her shoulder. Her blue top is dirty and the shorts ruined.
"SOPHIA" carol screams and I realise its the missing girl. Daryl runs to carol and drags her down into a hug.
I watch as rick moves fowards to shoot. A good man dosent need this on his hands.
I move forward and grab his shaky hand.
"Let me" I whisper and he turns to his family.
I lift up my pistol "I'm sorry" I mumble before shooting her. She crumpled down and screams and crying could be heard.
I walk over to my truck bed and lay down allowing all my tears to fall.