44. Emotional muppet

Me and Daryl found our stuff next the wall in the main room.
Maggie declared it as our spot and we soon found ourselves going to sleep.
Daryl put a protective arm around me and pushes his back to the wall trying to get away from the group of strangers.

I feel his breath go slow and I push my self into his arms.
I begin to go to sleep as a arm grabs my ankle. I look down at the man and scowl at him moving my leg away.
He grabs my other one and I pull my legs up to Daryl's arms.

I start to relax again as he grabs my ankle again. I let out a small Yelp as I go to kick him off.
Daryl's entire weight shifts as he pulls his arm out from under my head and grabs the mans arm.
I sit up as Daryl glares at the man. They stare at each other for a couple seconds before Daryl throws a punch square in his nose.

"Daryl!" I whisper yell as rick shakes his head seeing the whole thing.
"I didn't see anything" rick mumbles walking up stairs.
"Lay a hand on her again and it'll be worse then a broken nose" he growls. After he silently gets up and pushes me against the wall, before laying on his side and putting my head on his elbow as his arm hangs loosely.

He gives me a soft look before giving me a kiss and letting me sleep in the safety in walls and his arms.

We wake up to screams.
Daryl jumps up and grabs a knife before going for the first Walker. I grab my machete and take out another as the group begin to kill the walkers.

Many of the people that don't fight ended up bitten and crying as they iver bleed out or except their fate.
I watch as rick cuts off a mans arm.
I help the new guy carry the armless guy to the infirmary before running back and watching Daryl kill the last walker.

"What the hell happened?!" He shouts.
"I don't know. Maybe walkers got in-" rick starts.
"Maybe during the fight" Morgan agrees.
"These are all our own people though" I say checking each face.
"I doubt a walker could get in and go a full day without someone seeing it" I add.
A small scream comes from upstairs and we all run up the stairs to see Carol killing a walker.

"Ya okay?" Daryl asks softly.
"Yeah. He wasn't bite though" Carol says pointing at the guy. They must have been friends.
"Negans bat. When I was out their with him, it was covered in walker blood. I thought maybe he crossed a few but maybe-" rick tells us.
"The arrows at the start. They make sense now" maggie agrees.

"The fever" the man in bed states.
"One o-of you are gonna have to do it. I c-Cant you have to do it" the man stutters as a woman holds his hand.
"I'm gonna go make sure theirs no walkers outside" I say leaving.

As soon as I'm out I watch the saviour prisoners trying to close the gate.
"Shit" I mumble running down to the gate.
I help them push it before realising their isn't enough of us.

"Someone needs to get back up now!" I shout as walkers come up from behind us.
"Someone go!" I shout again as a curly hair blond from earlier runs up the hill.
Daryl and rick appear next to me and we give it a finally shove, closing by the gate.

I sigh of relief echos though the group as the walker stay locked out.
So much for getting some sleep.

That night to spent cleaning up and making sure hilltop was clear of walkers.
I'm currently on my way over to the stables to see spice.
"Once a horse girl always a horse girl" Ashley repeats when she sees me.
"Came to see spice" I say.

"Just to see? Figured you'd wanna get in the saddle" she says and I nod.
"Fine, I do" I smile.
"He's over their. His saddles on the door, good luck" she says as I walk off.

I tacked him up and put on a jacket before jumping onto his back.
"Hello spice" I whisper patting his neck.
"Please don't throw me?" I ask tapping this side.