Chapter 32: Surprises

Louis’s POV:

I opened the door and we walked inside. Liam walked up to us with a big smile on his face.

“Hey, Liam,” Val said hesitantly. He looked like he was up to something…

“Hey you two,” Liam said, “Val, why don’t you go up to your room and tweet that Louis’s home and he’s okay. Louis, why don’t you go and take your bag up to your room?” I raised an eyebrow.

“I would have thought that Harry took that up there by now,” I said. Liam shook his head.

“No, he left it by the steps for you though.”

Val and I headed for the stairs. I paused to pick up my bag and Val went ahead of me. I heard her open the door and scream. I abandoned the bag at the bottom of the stairs and ran to Val’s room.

“Val, are you-” I started. I stopped when I saw who was in the room.

“Hey Louis,” Gemma said. She, Anne, and Robin were all being crushed by Val’s hug. I chuckled. Harry came into the room and joined in the group hug.

“When did you all get here?” Val asked, breaking the hug.

“About fifteen minutes ago,” Gemma said. She turned to me, “Hey Louis, you doing okay?” I nodded. She came up to me and gave me a hug, “Thank you Louis, for protecting Valerie.” Robin came up to me and patted me on the back.

“I thought I’d have to give you a speech about how if you hurt Valerie, you’d have to deal with me,” he said, and I gulped as Gemma let me go, “But I can see now, that you’d never let anything happen to her.” I smiled as he said this. Val came over to me and kissed my cheek. Harry and Gemma gagged.

“Have you been in your room yet Louis?” Harry asked. I shook my head, “Well, get up there! Your surprise is waiting for you.” He pushed me out of the room and I headed over to my room and opened the door. Almost immediately I was on the ground, being tackled to the ground by my half sisters, minus Georgia.

“Louis!” they all yelled. I winced in pain and then started laughing.

“Hey girls!” I ruffled Lottie’s hair and they got off of me as I got up. My mum walked up to me and gave me a hug.

“Good to see you Louis,” she said.

“Good to see you too, mum,” I said, hugging her back. I let go of my mum, sat on my bed, and motioned for my sisters to sit by me. Fizzy and Daisy sat on my right and Lottie and Phoebe sat on my left. Mum leaned on the wall. We talked and caught up for almost half an hour. They told me everything that had gone on in Doncaster since I was last there.

There was a knock at the door and Phoebe went to open the door. Valerie was leaning on the door frame. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

“Hey,” she said, “Can I come in?” I nodded and she walked inside. I stood up and put my arm around her waist.

“Mum, this is my girlfriend, Valerie,” I said, “Val, this is my mum.” They shook hands.

“It’s nice to meet you Valerie,” mum said.

“Nice to meet you too,” Val said.

“And these are my sisters, Lottie, Fizzy, Phoebe, and Daisy.” As I introduced my sisters, they went up to Val and gave her a hug, pushing me out of the way. Val laughed and hugged each of them back. After the hugs, Val came up to me again.

“Why don’t we go downstairs now?” she asked. I agreed and Val, my family, and I walked out of my room and headed downstairs. Liam, Niall, Zayn, Harry, and the Styles were already in the living room, watching TV.

“Okay, so, what do you guys want to do now?” I asked and Harry and Val smirked at each other.

“Let’s go to the park,” they said in unison, making everyone laugh. We all agreed on that plan and headed outside. The boys, Val, and I went in one car, my family went in theirs, and the Styles went in theirs. Harry drove in front of the others and they followed us to the park closest to the flat. We all climbed out of the car. My sisters immediately ran to the playground and my mum followed them. Liam, Niall, and Zayn walked over to the huge pond at the other side of the park. Val and Harry spent time with their family and I decided to do the same with mine. I sat on a bench near the playground and watched as my sisters ran around.

Val and I kept looking over at one another and I guess Harry started to notice because he pushed Val away from him and she walked over to me and sat beside me on the bench. I put an arm around her and she leaned on my shoulder.

“So, what do you want to do?” I asked her. She thought for a moment.

“Why don’t we just go for a walk?” she suggested. We stood up and I took her hand as we walked down to the pond where the other boys were. In the distance, I could see them wrestling.

“Typical,” I said. Val raised an eyebrow and I pointed at Liam, Niall, and Zayn, and she started laughing. We decided to sit down on the grass and watch them for a while. We talked about anything that came to our minds. It was amazing how it was so easy to talk to Val about anything. It had been about fifteen minutes and we were just about to stand up and head back to our families, when we heard a splash.