Chapter 20: Talks

Harry’s POV:

Liam, Niall, and I were fuming; Zayn was furious. I’m pretty sure he wanted to strangle Louis. When we confronted him, I’m sure that we would have to hold Zayn back.

We stormed up the stairs and opened the door to Valerie’s room. My anger almost slipped away when I saw what was happening, but I held onto it. Louis and Valerie jumped back and stared up at us. I caught Liam’s eye and we knew that we had interrupted something big.

“My… hair…!” Zayn fumed. I shook my hair out and I heard Valerie squeal as the tiny droplets of water hit her. Just as I had predicted, Zayn lunged at Louis and Liam and I had to hold him back. Louis jumped again and fell off of the edge of Valerie’s bed. Valerie laughed when Louis hit the floor.

Liam and I dragged Zayn to the bathroom and threw him in. Liam and I closed the door and held it shut as Zayn hit the door.

“LET ME OUT!” he screamed. I snorted.

“Zayn, just fix your hair mate!” I yelled, “Then we’ll let you out when you’ve calmed down.” He stopped hitting the door and I heard him sigh. I let go of the door.

“Liam, you stay here and make sure he’s calmed down before you let him out,” I said, “I’m going to talk to Louis quick.” Liam nodded and I headed back to Valerie’s room. I found Niall and Louis wrestling, Valerie watching and laughing.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the two. Niall was ruffling Louis’s hair and Louis was trying to tickle Niall. I pried the leprechaun off of Louis and grabbed Louis’s ear.

“Ow! OW! Haz! STOP!” Louis was yelling as I pulled him out of Valerie’s room and into mine. I locked my door and turned to Louis, who was sitting on my bed, looking a little scared.

“Haz, I’m sorry about the whole water balloon thing, really I-” he started rambling until I interrupted him.

“Lou, it’s okay, I wanted to talk to you about something else,” I said. I sat next to him on the bed and he just looked at me, confused.

“Okay…” he said hesitantly, “What about?”

“So, you and Valerie?” I said, “What happened before the boys and I came into the room?”

“Um, we, I, uh…” he started stammering, “We, uh, almost kissed.”

YES! I refrained from jumping around the room like a fangirl and settled on slapping Louis’s back.

“Dude, ask her out already!” I said. He rolled his eyes.

“It’s not that easy Haz,” he said and leaned on his hands. I sighed.

“Dude, there’s no doubt in my mind that she’ll say yes, you just need to ask. It really is that easy,” I said. Louis looked up at me, he seemed a little hopeful.

“Alright, I will,” he said.

Liam’s POV:
“Zayn, mate! Are you done yet?” I asked through the door. It had been quiet for a while and I was getting worried.

“Yeah, just one moment!” I heard Zayn call from behind the door. He seemed calm enough and I decided to let the door go. I walked to Valerie’s room and saw her and Niall talking. That was a good sign; she was finally escaping her shell and she had started to talk to Niall and Zayn.

I cleared my throat and they both looked up at me.

“Hey Liam!” Val said. I looked between Niall and Val. Niall got the message and got up.

“I’ll talk to you later Val,” he said and he walked out of the room. I walked over to the bed and sat next to Val.

“So, what was going on with you and Louis when we opened the door?” I asked. I saw Val blush.

“Um, we almost kissed when you guys came in,” she said, not looking at me. I raised my eyebrows.

“Well, I’m sorry we interrupted that,” I said and Val looked up at me, “You know, he really likes you Val.”

“I really like him too,” she said.

“I have a feeling he’ll ask you out soon Val,” I said, “Just have a little patience.”

Just then, there was a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door. Louis was standing there and he looked nervous as hell.

“Hey Louis,” I said, “Wanna talk to Val?” He nodded and I turned back to Val, “I’ll talk to you later.” I winked at her and walked out of the room.