Chapter 21: Finally

Louis’s POV:

Liam let me in the room and I could have sworn I saw him wink at Val. I shook that off and looked back at Harry, who was giving me a thumbs up and at Liam, who looked like he was trying not to explode into a fit of giggles.

I closed the door and I’m pretty sure I heard them scramble up to the door. I’d be willing to bet a million bucks that they were listening to what was going on. Val must have heard this too, because she was rolling her eyes and giggling. God, her giggle could make my heart melt.

I walked over to the bed and sat down next to Val. I swear, my heart was beating so fast it should have exploded out of my chest. Val looked at me and took one of my hands. There were sparks merely at her touch.

“Are you alright Lou?” Val asked. I nodded and gulped, “Are you sure Lou, you look like you’re going to pass out.” I heard a fit of laughter outside the door and then it stopped and I heard someone cry out in pain. I just rolled my eyes and responded.

“I’m fine Val, really,” I said, “I just wanted to talk to you.”

“What about?” Val asked, taking her hand away from mine. I gulped again.

“Valerie, I’ve liked you for a while now, and only a few weeks ago did I realize just how much I liked you. I came to realize that I’ve fallen for you. The sound of your laugh makes my heart melt and your smile lights up the room when nothing else can. You are an amazing girl and your personality has got to be one of the best things about you. You’re a kind, smart, amazing girl, and Val, I was wondering if you would do me the honor of going on a date with me tonight?” I quickly said. Val stared at me, a small smile growing on her face.

“Lou,” Val said, and I braced myself for the worst, “I’d be happy to go on a date with you.” She kissed my cheek and I felt my cheeks turn red. I smiled and I took her hand in mine. I heard Harry cheering from outside.

“Harry! SHUT UP!” Liam’s muffled yell came from outside and Val and I exchanged glances and burst into laughter. We got up, still holding hands, walked over to the door, and opened it. Liam and Harry came tumbling into the room. They landed in front of us and stared up at us. Their eyes focused on our linked hands and they scrambled to stand up.

“So?” Harry asked, brushing himself off.

“She said yes,” I told them and held up our hands. They cheered and Liam hugged Val and Harry tackled me.

Valerie’s POV:

Liam hugged me and Harry sent Louis flying to the ground.

“See, I told you, just a little patience,” Liam whispered into my ear. I rolled my eyes and pulled away.

“I know Liam, I know!” I said, laughing a little. I was elated, I had honestly never felt happier in my life, and it was all because Louis had finally asked me that one little question.

“Watch those hands Payne,” Louis said jokingly, walking back over to me and taking my hand. Liam let me go and held his hands up in surrender.

“Alright you two,” I said, letting go of Louis’s hand and grabbing Harry’s shirt, “Out.” I shooed them out of my room. They just cracked up as I closed the door. I turned around and leaned on the door. Louis was laughing and shaking his head.

“Oh those two…” he said. I couldn’t help but laugh with him. He stopped laughing and smiled at me, “There’s that laugh again,” he said, and I blushed.

“Let’s go downstairs and let the others have their fun as well,” Louis said. I agreed and we headed down the stairs, hand in hand.

Louis pulled me into the kitchen and we found Niall raiding the fridge. When he heard us, he turned around and he glanced at our hands.

“About time!” he said, laughing. Zayn and a girl who I hadn’t met before came into the room.

“About time for what?” Zayn asked and Niall pointed to our hands. Zayn took a quick look and started laughing along with Niall, “I couldn’t agree more!” He and the girl sat at the table, “Oh, Val, this is Perrie, my girlfriend,” Zayn said. Perrie waved at me and I waved back.

“So, where do you want to go tonight?” Louis asked me. I thought for a moment.

“Why don’t you decide?” I responded, “I don’t really know many places around here, so it’s probably best if you chose where to go tonight.” Louis nodded and thought for a little while. Then, his face lit up and he smiled at me.

“I’ve got it!” he said. I was just about to ask when he said, “And it’s gonna be a surprise.”

“Aww,” I said, fake pouting. He chuckled.

“Just meet me in the living room in at six,” he said. I looked at the time and saw that it was three now.

Perrie got up and walked over to me. She grabbed my wrist and brought me upstairs into my room. Then, she turned to me and smiled.

“I’m guessing that you’ll need some help?” she guessed and I nodded, “Go take a shower and I’ll pick out your outfit, alright?” I nodded and headed for the bathroom, my mind rejoicing that I was finally going to be going on a date with Louis.