Chapter 28: Found

Valerie’s POV:

When I went back downstairs Louis was already waiting for me.

“Do you want the others to come?” he asked.

“No,” I said as I walked over to him, “I know you’ll keep me safe.” I kissed him and I heard whooping and a few ‘aww’s coming from the sofa. I turned to see Zayn and Niall howling, Harry laughing, and Liam smiling. Louis was chuckling and I rolled my eyes.

“Let’s go,” Louis said, putting his arm around my waist. We left the flat, headed for Louis’s car, and in a few moments, we were on our way to the cinema.

“So, what movie do you wanna see?” Louis asked, “I’ll be fine with any movie, as long as it isn’t the last Twilight movie.”

“What’s Twilight?” I asked. Hey, I hadn’t seen many movies in the past three years, don't judge...

“It’s this movie, about a girl who moves to a dreary town and meets a vampire and falls in love with him,” Louis explained, “Then she falls in love with a werewolf after the vampire leaves and jumps off a cliff for fun and almost dies. It’s kinda stupid, but apparently a lot of people like it.”

“Nah,” I shook my head, “I’ve never been into vampires.”

“Okay then,” Louis said, “How about we watch Fun Size?”

“What’s that one about?”

“I don’t really know,” Louis said, “But I really wanna see it. In the commercial for the movie, a mechanical chicken falls on a car and starts humping it. I really wanna see that.”

“Alright,” I agreed. Of course Louis would pick a movie based on a chicken humping a car.

We arrived at the cinema a few minutes later and made our way inside. While Louis bought the tickets I scanned the parking lot. I had the feeling we were being watched again and I couldn’t shake it. I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turned to see Louis giving me a questioning look. I shook my head and we went inside. We got a bucket of popcorn and two drinks and headed into the theater. We found some seats and sat down.

Almost as soon as we sat down, the ads stopped and the previews began. When those finished, the movie began.

Half way through the movie and after I had finished my drink, I told Louis that I would be right back. I walked right to the bathroom.

After I had done my business, I walked out of the bathroom. I was about to open the door to the theater when I felt something poke my side.

“Don’t go in there,” a familiar voice growled, “We may be in public, but I will spill your blood.”

Richard…

“What do you want Richard?” I whispered, my hand still gripping the door handle.

“You told him, didn’t you?” he hissed in my ear.

“No, I didn’t,” I responded, “But you never said I couldn’t tell anyone else.”

“I thought it was implied.” I turned around to find him up in my face. He was holding a knife and in a second, he had it pressed against the back of my neck, “You made a mistake Valerie, and you will pay for it.” Richard began to lead me away from the door slowly and only one thing ran through my mind…

Louis… 

Louis’s POV:

Val had been gone a while now and I decided to go and see what was taking her so long…

I got up and walked out of the theater and what I saw made my blood boil.

“Let her go Richard,” I growled. Richard turned around with Valerie, a knife pressed against her throat. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw an employee call someone. I hoped for their sake that it was the police.

“Now, why would I do that Louis?” Richard hissed. With the hand that wasn’t holding the knife to Val’s throat, he played with her hair. Val shut her eyes tight, “Why should I let this pretty thing go? Just imagine all the fun I could have with her.”

Val whimpered and I felt a pang in my chest. There’s gotta be some way I can help her, anyway at all. There were sirens outside and I saw a few police men run out of their cars. Richard turned to show them that he had the knife to Val’s throat, and that’s when I had a crazy idea. Possibly crazy enough to actually work…

I ran at them and pulled Richard’s arm away from Val. She stumbled out of Richard’s grasp.

“Val, run!” I shouted to her. She hesitated and looked from me to the door. I nodded and she ran out the door. I saw two police officers lead her away from the door.

“You shouldn’t have done that Louis,” Richard said. He had turned to me and had his knife at the ready, “You’re going to pay.”

And with that, he lunged at me.