Chapter 10: Moving In

Louis’s POV:

We walked out of the hospital. Paul and a couple security guards were standing outside and when we walked out they followed us. Good thing too, because a few seconds later, fans were running up to us. There must have been at least a hundred of them. I was surprised there weren’t more, but I wasn’t complaining.

Paul and the other guards did a good job of keeping the fans away, but one of them somehow got by them. She ran up to me and hugged me. I stumbled back a bit and when I steadied myself I chuckled and hugged her back. She squealed when I did and I pulled back.

“What’s your name?”

“Anabelle,” she squeaked. I smiled, “Could you sign this please?” she asked, handing me a copy of ‘Up All Night’ and a sharpie.

“Sure,” I said. I signed the case and handed it back to her.

“Thank you!” she said. Paul came up behind her and led her back to the crowd. I caught up with Harry and Valerie, who were already at the car, and we all got in. Harry and Valerie sat next to each other, while I sat in the front. Paul sat in the driver’s seat and he started the car and we headed home.

“So, where do you boys live?” Valerie asked.

“We live in a flat in London,” Harry replied, “All of the lads do.”

“They’ve been working hard to get your room ready for you,” I said, “They turned the guest room into your bedroom, and I’ve gotta say, I think you’ll like it.”

“I hope you guys didn’t go overboard with the room,” Valerie said, “I don’t want you guys spoiling me now.”

“Ah, don’t worry about it,” Harry said, wrapping an arm around her shoulder, “I haven’t seen you for three years, and after everything, you deserve the best.” Valerie just shook her head and chuckled.

“So, what’s it like, being famous and all?” she asked. For the rest of the ride, Harry and I explained everything. We told her stories from the X-Factor and how we came in third place. How Simon signed us anyways and how ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ brought us to the top of the charts. I was just telling her the story of when a fan threw a tampon at Harry during a concert when we arrived at our flat.

We got out of the car, Harry’s face still red with embarrassment from the story. I grabbed Valerie’s things and Harry, Valerie, and I made our way inside. Harry pulled out his keys and unlocked the door and as soon as we opened it, we were pulled into a group hug by Niall and Zayn. Liam, being the calmer one, stood back and laughed.

“Come on you two,” he said, still laughing, “Let them breathe!” Niall and Zayn let go of us, both of them laughing like Liam was. I rolled my eyes and we all walked, well, Harry hopped, into the living room. One of the sofas was set up for Harry to sleep on while his foot healed. He quickly hopped over to it and fell back. He let out a sigh as soon as he was sitting. Liam tapped my shoulder and I turned to look at him.

“Why don’t you show Valerie to her room?” he suggested. I nodded and Valerie and I headed up to her room. I put my hand on the door handle and looked back at Valerie.

“Are you ready to see your room?” I asked. She nodded and I opened the door.