Chapter 8: Hard News

Louis’s POV:

I was rudely awakened by yelling coming from the hallway.

“SHE’S WHAT?” Harry yelled. Valerie and I jumped. We were both awake now.

“THAT SON OF A BITCH!!!” Harry yelled. I turned to see Liam looking worried.

“What’s going on?” I asked. He shrugged. At that moment, the door burst open and Harry hopped into the room. He looked even more pissed than he was before. I cringed thinking that he was mad at me, but he passed the bed entirely and just stared at the window, fuming. I’m sure that if he could he would have kicked the wall with his other foot, but he was running out of feet to kick with.

“Harry, what’s wrong?” Liam asked.

“That son of bitch, that’s what’s wrong,” Harry said, his voice straining to stay calm. Valerie was burying her face into my chest again. Harry was scaring her.

“Harry, shut up,” I said, rubbing Valerie’s back again. Harry turned to look at Valerie and his face softened.

“I’m sorry Val, it’s just… the results came back, and- and- you’re- you-” Harry couldn’t continue. Liam walked over to Harry and muttered something to him. Harry whispered something in Liam’s ear and I saw Liam’s eyes go wide. Harry hopped over to one of the chairs in the room and fell back into it. He crossed his arms and pouted. He looked like a five year old. I started chuckling, but one stern look from Liam told me that this wasn’t the time.

“Valerie,” Liam started, sitting on the edge of the bed, “Harry was trying to say, that the results came back, and the doctor found out that there is something going on.” I sat up straighter. Valerie just looked confused.

“What is it?” I asked, worried now. Liam looked down at his shoes and sighed.

“Val, you’re pregnant.”

Shit.

Valerie’s POV:

“Val, you’re pregnant.”

Shit.

I hid my face in my hands and started crying again, even harder than I have the past few years. Louis rubbed my back again. It was nice. He calmed me down, I didn’t know what it was about him, but I couldn’t help but trust him as much as I trusted my brother.

I buried my face into his chest and cried. He wrapped his arms around me and I felt a little better, but I was still really upset. I was too young for this. I couldn’t handle being a mother, let alone the mother of the child of the man who had raped me. I’ve never believed in abortion, but I don’t want to have this baby.

“You have a choice to make Valerie,” Liam said, “And no one will blame you if you chose abortion. Especially under the circumstances.”

“She’s not going to abort the child, Liam,” Harry spoke up, “She’s never believed in it.” I looked up at Harry and our eyes met. That instant, I knew he was right. I wouldn’t be able to do it.

“It’s still her choice Harry, if she wants to-”

“No, he’s right,” I said, wiping the tears away, “I don’t believe in aborting a child, and I’m not going to.” Liam looked at me, then nodded. I took another deep breath and decided to change the subject, “So, Harry, you auditioned for the X-Factor then? Like I told you you should?” I asked. Harry smiled and nodded, "Yep, that's where I met these two,” he motioned to Louis and Liam, “And Niall and Zayn.”

“So, you’re famous now then?”

“Yep,” he smirked, I rolled my eyes.

“I told you that you would do great!” He chuckled and shook his head.

“Yeah, you were right.” I sighed and leaned back into Louis’s chest. He was rubbing my shoulder and for the first time in three years, I was able to relax and forget about all of my problems. I closed my eyes and fell asleep again.