Chapter 46: Faint

Louis’s POV:

I hate needles. I genuinely hate them with a burning passion as of this moment.

“Almost done sweetie,” the nurse told me in her sweet voice. She had been telling me this every few seconds now. I gritted my teeth, holding back my comments.

“And… done!” she said, smiling at me. She honestly seemed a little too happy to be taking people’s blood. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say she was Dracula’s wife; she was so happy at the sight of blood.

I winced as she took the needle out of my arm and applied pressure.

“Alright,” she said, “Just be careful for the rest of the day. Eat plenty of high iron foods and if you feel faint, rest.” She put on a band-aid and I slowly stood up.

“You can go back to your friends now,” she said, giving me a smile. I was only too happy to leave. I almost ran back to Valerie’s room.

“So,” Harry said when I got back into the room, “How’d it go?”

“Great,” I said, “Although, I wish Dracula’s wife hadn’t been the nurse. The way she looked at my blood…” I shivered. Niall snorted and Zayn laughed. There was a knock at the door and the doctor came in.

“Alright, the blood bag will be ready in a few moments,” she said as she took note of Valerie’s vitals. Sure enough, a few minutes later, Nurse Dracula came in, holding the bag of blood.

“Thank you Nurse Acula,” Valerie’s doctor said as the nurse set up the blood bag. Harry and I exchanged glances and Niall and Zayn were trying not to laugh, “You’d better go the ICU; Dr. Acula’s waiting for you.” Niall and Zayn couldn’t contain their laughs anymore and they burst into laughter. Harry even chuckled a bit.

“Are you alright dear?” Nurse Acula asked me, “You seem a little pale.”

“I’m fine,” I say, quickly. Nurse Acula left the room.

“Valerie should wake up any moment now,” the doctor said, “Let me know when she does.” She walked out of the room. Zayn and Niall just laughed harder.

“Dr. Acula?” Niall said, “What is this? Transylvania Memorial Hospital?” I felt a sharp pain in my head and I put my head in my hands.

“Could you two just shut up for a moment?” I asked. They stopped laughing immediately.

“Louis?” Harry spoke up, “Are you alright?”

“Yeah,” I sighed, “Just a headache.” A wave of nausea hit me, “I’ll be right back.” I nearly ran to the bathroom and I reached the toilet just in time to do what I like to call a ‘tango with the toilet’.

When I had finished emptying the contents of my stomach, I heard knocking on the door.

“Louis?” Liam called from the other side of the door, “Louis, are you okay in there?”

“Yeah, I-” I started to say, then I felt light headed. I stood up and tried to get to the door to open it. I stumbled on my way there and fell over.

“Louis!?” Liam’s panicked voice called, “Louis! Open up mate!”

I made one last attempt to get to the door. I grabbed a hold of the door handle and turned it before falling to the ground.

Harry’s POV:

“I’ll be right back,” Louis said before running to the bathroom. Within a few seconds we could hear him throwing up. Liam got to the door and started knocking.

“Louis? Louis, are you okay in there?” he called. It was quiet for a second, then I could hear Louis’s weak voice.

“Yeah, I-” Louis stopped talking. Liam turned around and looked at me, as if asking me what was going on. I just shrugged. Then, there was a thud. Liam started pounding on the door now.

“Louis!? Louis! Open up mate!” Liam called, panicking. Niall and Zayn got up and made their way to the bathroom door just as it opened and Louis fell.

“Shit,” Liam said, kneeling down next to Louis, “Go get Paul!” he said. Niall ran out of the room. I left Valerie’s side and hopped over to Louis. He was out cold.

“What the hell happened?” I asked. Liam just shrugged. Paul came into the room, followed by Niall and a nurse.

“Get him on that sofa,” the nurse said, “I’ll be right back.” She left the room. Liam and Zayn carried Louis to the sofa.

“Now, would someone explain to me what the hell happened?” Paul asked. Liam pulled him to the side as the nurse came back into the room with a cool washcloth and a cup of orange juice. She patted Louis’s forehead with the washcloth and he started waking up.

“Alright,” she said, handing me the washcloth and setting the orange juice on a nearby table, “You keep doing this and he should be fine. When he wakes up completely, have him take sips of the orange juice.” I nodded and the nurse left.

“I guess he just needs to rest,” Paul said, coming up behind me, “Don’t let him get up off that sofa. He’s going to be on bed rest for the next 24 hours.” Louis opened his eyes and looked around, obviously confused.

“What happened?”

“You passed out,” I said. I grabbed the cup of orange juice and handed it to Louis, “Take sips of that.” He nodded and I helped him sit up, “Just so you know, you’re on bed rest for 24 hours, Paul’s orders.” Louis simply nodded and continued sipping the orange juice. Niall and Zayn had taken a seat in the chairs near the sofa and Liam was leaning on the wall.

“This has to be the worst day ever,” Louis groaned. He set the cup on the table and laid down again. Honestly, I couldn’t agree more.