Chapter 14: A Brighter Day

Zayn’s POV:

I woke up and was instantly blinded by the sunlight peaking through the curtains in my room. I groaned and looked over at my clock. It was 7:30 a.m. I groaned and buried my face in my pillow.

I thought I might as well get up; I’m not going to be able to sleep with the sun blinding me. I sat up and stretched, made my way to the door and walked down the hallway, passing Valerie’s room on the way downstairs. I paused for a moment and back tracked to look into the room.

“Aww,” I whispered to myself. Louis had his arm around Valerie and her head was lying on his chest.

“What is it?” Liam asked, walking out of his room fully dressed and wide awake. I waved him over here and he peeked into the room, “Aww… how cute,” he smiled.

“Why don’t you go get Niall up?” I suggested, “And tell him to bring his camera, we need a picture to remember this moment.” Liam chuckled as he walked to Niall’s room.

A few minutes later, Liam was leading Niall to the door. Niall had his camera in hand. The three of us tiptoed into the room and leaned over the dreamers.

“Niall, you know what to do,” I said. He nodded and started snapping pictures.

Valerie’s POV:

I was rudely awakened from the first peaceful sleep I had gotten in years, by flashing and clicking. I opened my eyes and was instantly blinded by a flash.

“Hey!” I yelled, sitting up and rubbing my eyes, trying to gain my vision back. Louis sat up and pushed away the camera Niall was using.

“Hey! The couple’s awake!” Niall exclaimed, smiling wide. I blushed and looked down at the ground. I heard laughing and I looked up to see Louis blushing as well. Aww…

“C’mon guys, cut it out,” Louis grumbled, “Why don’t you go wake up Harry?”

“Because he’ll murder us,” Zayn said.

“Exactly why you should,” Louis replied. I rolled my eyes. I remembered that I was the only one who could wake Harry up without him freaking out three years ago, hopefully that hadn’t changed.

“Let me do it,” I said. I got up and walked downstairs. I walked over to the sofa where Harry was sleeping and crouched down.

“Harry, c’mon, get up,” I said, gently shaking him. He rolled over and groaned.

“Go away!” he said. I chuckled and pulled his pillow out from under his head. His head hit the end of the sofa and he sat up, rubbing his head
.
“Ow! Wha- Oh, hey Val,” he said and smiled up at me. Harry looked over at the stairs and started laughing. I turned around to see the other boys staring at us, mouths hanging open, and joined in the laughter.

“Close your mouths boys or you’ll catch flies!” I managed to say while laughing. They slowly closed their mouths and Harry and I were beginning to calm down. I sighed.

“So, now that we’re all up, what do you guys wanna do?” I asked. The boys exchanged looks and Louis stepped forward.

“Well, we have a quick interview this morning, but after that we can do something, how does that sound?”

“Sounds good! Now, I have to ask, what’s for breakfast?” I asked. Harry chuckled, got up, and walked up to Niall. He whispered something in his ear and within a few seconds, Niall was out the door. I raised an eyebrow, but let it go once Louis pulled me to the sofa and sat down next to me.

“You should come with us to the interview,” he said.

“Are you sure?” I asked, “I don’t want to be in the way or anything like that.”

“You wouldn’t be in the way Val, actually, it would be the perfect chance for Harry to introduce you to the fans.” I thought about that for a moment, then nodded.

“Sure, I’ll come with. It could be fun.” A huge grin spread across Louis’s face.

“YAY!” he yelled, clapping his hands like a little girl who had just received a pony for Christmas. I laughed and rolled my eyes at him.

Liam had the boys get ready to leave for the interview and while they were upstairs, Niall came back with two bags from McDonalds. I smiled and ran over to him, taking one of the bags and running into the kitchen, Niall was close behind.

“Okay, Harry told me that the hash browns were your favorite, so I got you four of them.” I looked at him and smiled.

“Four?” I asked, and he nodded, holding out four. I grabbed them from him and pecked him on the cheek, “Thank you!” I said, before I started nibbling on one of them. I must have looked ridiculous because Niall started cracking up.

All of the boys except for Zayn came down and grabbed their breakfasts. Liam turned to Niall and me.

“You two should get ready, we need to be there by ten, and it takes an hour to get there,” he said. I looked at the time; it was eight. Niall and I scarfed down what was left of our breakfast and we ran upstairs to get ready.