Chapter 37: Haters, Haters, Go Away, Don't Come Back Another Day

Valerie’s POV:

*Flashback*

I went on my twitter. I really don’t know why I did, my gut just told me to. I scrolled through my mentions, following random fans here and there. That’s when they caught my eye. 

@HarrysGravy: I just don’t believe @Val_Styles and @Harry_Styles are related. I mean, he’s so hot, and she’s so… not.

I rolled my eyes at that one. It was just… weak… just a weak attempt to push my buttons. But as I scrolled through my mentions, uglier, nastier things were being said.

@Carrouis: I heard that @Val_Styles and Louis were getting close. I swear, if that bitch wins his heart, I will accept Haylor.

@AntiSpoons: @Val_Styles, ew, you fat slut, how is someone like you even related to Harry? It doesn’t make sense!

@Naxi123: She’s ugly, she’s fat, she’s a whore… how the hell is @Val_Styles related to Harry?

@DirectionHATER: Well, I see how those two are related, @Harry_Styles is a manwhore, and @Val_Styles is a slut

Well, that one went just a little too far… call me a slut all you want, but no one talks about my brother like that. I just had to…

@Val_Styles: @DirectionHATER, call me a slut to your heart’s content, but leave my brother alone.

I should have known better. I should have known this would get out of control…

@DirectionHATER: @Val_Styles, oh please, save the sibling love for someone who gives a fuck. You’re just a fat skank who doesn’t deserve to be within walking distance of those boys…

I was going to respond when @DirectionHATER tweeted again.

@DirectionHATER: @Val_Styles, I may not be a fan of them, but I know fat twats like you don’t deserve to be so close to something that hot…

@DirectionHATER: @Val_Styles, look at yourself in the mirror, you’ll understand what I mean when you look at yourself.

I gulped as I read the tweets. I slowly stood up and turned to look at myself in the mirror behind my bed. I had never been ashamed of how I looked before, but now, I could see all the little flaws.

There really is no way for me to describe how disgusting I felt at that moment…

*Flashback End*

It was silent. Louis and I were laying on my bed. Louis had his arm around me and as I told him this, he just held me tighter. With his other hand, he had begun twirling one of my curls with his fingers.

“Valerie,” he said, breaking the silence, “Don’t you ever, ever, think that. You are gorgeous and perfect, just the way you are. Don’t let the fans, or the haters, get to you.”

“I can’t help it,” I said, “My mind settles on the worst when I’m insulted.” Louis thought for a moment.

“Would it help if we did something about it?” Louis asked, “We’ve stood up to them before, we can do it again.”

“You don’t have to-”

“I know. But I want to.” I smiled and pulled him closer to me. How did I ever get so lucky?

“Alright,” I said, “Just don’t go overboard and start world war three.”

“I won’t,” he said. He kissed the top of my head.

We laid on my bed, just staring up at the ceiling. I only just noticed, the boys had decorated the ceiling with a glow in the dark galaxy. I smiled.

“I’ll be right back,” I said, getting up.

“Where are you going?” Louis asked.

“Restroom.”

“Wait one moment,” he said as he got up. He grabbed the bag that Harry had given him and handed it to me, “Harry said you'll need to take this with you.” I raised an eyebrow.

“What is it?” I asked. Louis just shrugged. I walked to the bathroom and closed the door. I opened the paper bag and was confused by what I saw.

“A strainer?” I whispered to myself, “Why would I need a strain- oh… god damn kidney stone.”

This was going to be one hell of a week.

-------------- le time skip ----------------

*3 Days Later*

“VAL! WE GOTTA GO!” Harry screamed up the stairs. I rolled my eyes. We were leaving for the United States for the boys’ tour.

“I’M COMING!” I yelled back.

“THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID!” Louis yelled from down the hall.

“PERV!” I yelled back, chuckling. Yep, that’s my boyfriend for ya.

He came up from behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“I’m sorry babe,” he said, “But you set yourself up for that one.”

“Mhmm,” I hummed, toying with him and giving him the silent treatment.

“Oh come on,” he whined, “Don’t be like that.” I smiled to myself and picked up one of my bags. I was about to pick up another one when Louis did for me. Actually, he picked up the rest of them and carried them out to the car. I followed him outside.

“Am I forgiven now?” he asked, after he put my bags in the trunk. I pretended to think about it. I watched him squirm impatiently, waiting for my answer.

I laughed and walked up to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

“You’re always forgiven for those pervy jokes and comments.” He smiled and kissed me again.

“Oi!” Liam called from behind Louis. We jumped apart, “Enough of the love fest you two! We’re gonna be late!”

“No we won’t Liam,” Louis said, “We’ll be there on time.”

“We won’t be if we don’t go RIGHT NOW!” he retorted as the other boys ran out to the cars, “Okay, Zayn, Niall, and I in one car. Harry, Louis, and Val in the other. Let’s go! Let’s go!”

“Hey, Liam, can we-”

“No, Niall! We cannot stop for food!”

I took Louis’s hand and pulled him to the car.

“C’mon, let’s go before Liam has a heart attack,” I said. Louis whined but eventually got in the car when I threatened to take away his football pillow if he didn’t get in the car. He got into the car, started the engine, and we were on our way to the airport.