Chapter 31: Confront the Past

Valerie’s POV:

Harry and I were heading to the hospital. Louis was able to go home today and we were picking him up. We walked up to his room and while Harry was filling out Louis’s release papers, I went to his room to see if he was ready to go.

I was about to open the door when I looked in the window in the door and saw that there was another person in there with him. I opened the door a crack and listened to what they were saying.

“Louis, I know I broke your heart, but I want you back. Please Lou,” a girl said.

“Eleanor, it’s not going to happen,” Louis said, “I’m with Valerie now and we are never ever ever getting back together.” Louis sang that last part and I had to roll my eyes.

“I made a mistake, okay?” Eleanor said, “Boo, please…”

“Don’t call me that Eleanor,” Louis growled, “It’s not going to happen.” Eleanor huffed.

“I knew my uncle was right to keep that girl locked up,” she hissed, “She’s a whore Louis, and you deserve more than her.” I heard shuffling and a thud.

“Don’t you dare say that about Valerie,” he said, “She’s an amazing girl and I love her for who she is.” There was more shuffling and Louis growled, and I mean actually growled like a dog, “And I can’t believe you actually knew about what your uncle was doing to her! What the hell Eleanor?”

“I knew her before all that Louis,” Eleanor said, “And she was a slut from the very beginning. She deserved everything my uncle did to her. And now because of her, he’s dead.”

“You should probably thank me for that one El,” Louis hissed, “He died trying to kill me. Do you still think he was right doing what he did?”

I heard the sound of high heels clacking, getting close to the door. I quickly walked to the counter and turned to watch Eleanor storm out of the room. She caught sight of me and walked over to me.

“I don’t care who you think you are you little whore,” Eleanor said, stopping right in front of me and getting right in my face, “But I will be with Lou in the end, so you better watch your back or you’ll…”

“ELEANOR!” Harry yelled, catching sight of her, “Get the hell away from her!” He put an arm around my shoulder and glared at Eleanor. Louis slowly walked out of his room and looked over at us.

“Leave her alone Eleanor,” Louis said, gingerly leaning against the doorframe, “Hasn’t your family put her through enough?” Eleanor huffed again.

“This isn’t the last you’ll see of me!” she said as she backed away from me, “I will be back.” She stormed down the hall and around the corner.

I walked over to Louis and put an arm around him.

"I'll be back," Louis mocked in a high pitched voice, "That little bitch..."

“So, how long was she in there?” I asked. Louis groaned.

“She was in there for fifteen minutes I think,” he said, rubbing his temples, “Trying to convince me to take her back.” I nodded and looked at the ground, “It’s not going to happen though. You know that, don’t you Val?” I nodded again and looked up at him. He kissed my forehead and I smiled.

“Alright,” Harry said, clapping his hands together, “Shall we get going? The boys have arranged a surprise for you Louis.”

“Oh really?” Louis asked, looking at me.

“Actually, it’s a surprise for you and Val,” Harry said, smirking, “So let’s get your stuff and go.” He pushed past us and walked into Louis’s room. Within a few moments, he was carrying Louis’s bag and was speeding down the hallway. Louis and I glanced at each other.

“That surprise must be good if he’s that eager to get you out of here,” I said. He nodded. We headed outside and found Harry waiting in the car, tapping the steering wheel impatiently. He rolled down the window.

“C’mon! Hurry up!” he called to us. I rolled my eyes and Louis and I climbed into the back seat. We fastened our seat belts and Harry sped off. Louis put an arm around me and I leaned on his shoulder.

“So,” Louis whispered, “What do you think they have planned?”

“I have no idea,” I whispered back, “We’ll just have to find out when we get to the flat.” Harry started glaring at us from the front seat and we went quiet for the rest of the ride.

When we arrived at the flat Harry grabbed Louis’s bag and rushed up to the flat. Louis and I exchanged looks again and climbed out of the car.

“I have a feeling this is going to be an interesting day…” Louis said. I agreed and he grabbed by hand and we walked up to the flat.

“Well, here we go,” Louis said as he opened the door.