Chapter 15: The Reveal

Valerie’s POV:

“You’ve got to be kidding me…”

Now, you need to understand, I’m a simple girl. I’ve never put on much makeup, never done much with my hair, and never worn the latest trends. But, I was looking through the clothes the boys’ stylist had gotten me, and the simplest outfit I could find was a white dress and sparkly silver flats.

I set the dress and flats onto the bed and left to take a quick shower. When I was done, I dried my hair and left it as it was. I got dressed, applied a small amount of makeup, and headed downstairs.

I found the boys in the living room, waiting for me.

“Ready Valerie?” Liam asked. I nodded. Just then, there was a knock on the door.

“That would be Paul,” Harry said, getting up.

As we headed to the door, I noticed Louis watching me. I smiled at him and he smiled back. My heart skipped a beat at the sight of his smile. I hadn’t noticed it before, but when he smiled, the whole room seemed to brighten up. I felt butterflies flutter in my stomach and I couldn’t think.

I shook my head and followed the boys to the door. We left the flat and headed for the van, Paul leading us. We all climbed in and when we were settled, we left for the studio.

The whole ride there, I couldn’t stop thinking about Louis and how he made me feel when I was around him. In the few days I had known him, Louis and I had gotten close. He was always by my side and when I was upset, he would be the first one there to calm me down. I hadn’t been able to put my finger on it before, but everything was falling into place as my mind put the pieces of the puzzle together.

I was falling for Louis, falling fast, and I couldn’t tell if he felt the same way.

Paul escorted us into the studio and the boys were whisked away to get ready. I was just about to walk away and find somewhere to sit when Paul grabbed my wrist.

“You’ll need to stay with me,” he said, “There’s a pretty good chance you’ll be asked to join the boys during the interview.”

“Okay,” I sighed. I felt my stomach churn and I felt nauseous.

“Are you alright?” Paul asked, looking concerned. I nodded.

“Uh, yeah, it’s probably just the nerves,” I lied. Paul looked at me and I thought that he would see right through my lie, but he let it go and led me to the stage entrance, where the boys were already waiting. Harry took one look at me and hopped over to my side.

“Hey, are you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah, just a little sick to my stomach I guess,” I replied. My stomach churned again and my eyes widened, “Um, do you know where the nearest bathroom is?”

“Just over there,” Harry pointed to a nearby door and I ran into the room. I had barely made it to the toilet in time to, how should I put this? Tango with the toilet? Let out a multicolored yawn? Either way, I lost my breakfast.

When I had emptied my stomach, I leaned back against the wall, groaning. I heard a knock at the door.

“Valerie? You okay in there?” I heard Paul ask. I flushed and slowly stood up. I opened the door just as Paul was about to knock again.

“Yeah, I’m fine now,” I said, I walked back over to the stage entrance and I watched the boys and the interviewer, but I didn’t pay attention to what was being discussed. That is, until my name was mentioned.

“So, boys, there are photos of you and a mystery girl circulating around the internet. Who is she?” the interviewer asked the boys.

“She’s my twin sister,” Harry replied. There were gasps and muttering coming from the audience and the interviewer raised her eyebrows.

“Twin sister?” she asked, “I thought Gemma was your only sister?”

“No, Valerie’s my sister as well,” Harry said.

“How come we’re only hearing about her now?” the interviewer asked. The boys shifted uncomfortably.

“Um, she hasn’t exactly been around for the past few years,” Harry said, “We were only just reunited a few days ago.”

“Well, I’m glad you two were reunited,” the interviewer said, leaning forward and placing her hand on Harry’s. Harry pulled his hand away and started playing with a loose string on his shirt. She sighed and continued, “So, I hear you have her with you. Maybe she could come out here and we could meet her.” My eyes widened and I caught Harry’s eye. I shook my head frantically and he gave a small nod.

“She is here, but she’s not feeling well at the moment,” Harry covered for me. I let out a sigh of relief, “Maybe some other time.” The interviewer looked disappointed, but nodded.

“Alright,” she said, and then turned to the audience, “Well, that’s all the time we have today! Everyone give it up for One Direction!” The audience applauded and the boys waved at them.

“AND… that’s a wrap!” I heard someone call and the boys stood up and shook hands with the interviewer. Harry was the second to last one to shake her hand and when he was about to walk away she pulled him in for a hug. He seriously looked uncomfortable and he gave a look at Louis as if to say ‘HELP ME’. Louis tapped the interviewer on the shoulder and when she turned to him, he pulled her into one of his bone crushing hugs. I saw the interviewer struggle to free herself and I started laughing.

Louis let her go and they made their way over to where I was standing. Louis wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

“You alright?” he asked.

“I am now, but I’m starving!” I whined and stomped my foot. The boys laughed and Paul led us outside to the van.