Chapter 9: The Release

Harry’s POV:

It was a couple days later. The doctor had wanted to keep Valerie overnight to make sure that she was alright and that none of her cuts or scrapes had gotten infected and that overnight had turned into two days. But now, she could finally come home today.

I was on my way back to Valerie’s room from talking to her doctor and I kept hitting things with the crutches. They were seriously starting to annoy me, but I had a feeling that a wheelchair would annoy me even more. I finally entered the room and I saw Valerie fast asleep, her head resting on Louis’s chest. Louis was watching Valerie. He already cared so much for her and he had only met her a few days ago. It was amazing that she had even warmed up to him so quickly. With all she had gone through, I thought it would be weeks before she could trust any of the guys. Louis looked up and saw me staring at him.

"Haz?"

"Hmm?"

"You're not mad about this, are you?" he asked, "You know, me being this close to her?" He looked worried, almost a little scared of my reaction. I shook my head.

"Nah, if she's fine with it, so am I."

"You do know there's nothing going on here, right?"

"Yeah, I know," I said. He looked back at Valerie, and there was something about the way he looked at her that told me there was more than 'nothing' going on. I had only seen him look at a girl like that once before.

"Louis," I started. He looked back up at me, "Do you like her?" His eyebrows furrowed and he thought for a moment.

"She's your sister Harry, I-" he started to say, but I cut him off.

"It’s okay if you do Louis, I won't be mad." It was silent for a moment, then Louis spoke up.

"I don't know what I feel Haz, I guess I’m just a little confused. You know what it’s been like, ever since…” he stopped talking and looked down, but I knew he was talking about Eleanor. He had really loved her, and when she broke up with him six months ago, he was heartbroken. He’s gotten better since then, but every once and a while, I would see him look through the pictures of him and El on his phone.

“I know Lou, but if you do like Valerie, I won’t stop you,” I said. He looked up and stared at me, like I had gone insane, “What? I trust you with her. I know that you won’t let her get hurt and you would never hurt her.”

It was the truth. I was surprisingly okay with it. I had been watching the way both of them were around each other and I could tell that Louis was falling for her. All of the boys could. Valerie seemed to be falling for him as well, but I don’t think she knew what she was feeling.

“Just think about it Lou, if you want to go out with her, I’ll be fine with it, but just give it a little time, okay? After what she’s been through, she needs someone who cares about her, and not just as a friend.” Louis looked like he was about to say something, but Valerie started to wake up.

She opened her eyes and smiled when she saw Louis.

“Hey there,” she said.

“Hey,” he said, “How about we get you ready to go home?” Valerie nodded, got up, grabbed some clothes that Lou had brought for her, and went into the bathroom to change. Louis stood up and started to gather her things for her. I went out to the desk and started filling out the release forms.

A few minutes later, Valerie and Louis walked out of the room and we left the hospital.