Chapter 11: Another Confession

Valerie’s POV:

My mouth fell open when I saw the room. It was beautiful, yet simple. Almost everything in the room was white, minus two red chairs and a red pillow on the bed. I absolutely loved it!

“Oh my gosh!” I whispered. Louis chuckled and we both walked into the room. He set the few things I had down on the bed and watched me as I looked around the room.

“So, did we go overboard?” Louis asked.

“No, it’s perfect,” I said. It was so perfect, that it almost made me forget about my problems. Almost. My smile faded, remembering.

“Do the other boys know?” I asked Louis. He seemed to know what I was talking about when he answered.

“Niall and Zayn?” he asked. I nodded, “Um, I’m not sure. Do you want them to know?” I shrugged.

“Will they treat me differently?” That was what I was worried about the most. I hated it when I was treated differently than others, even before I was taken.

“They may be more careful around you,” Louis said, “But otherwise, you’d still be Valerie to them. You know, I think you should actually spend more time with them.” I turned around and looked at Louis. He was sitting on the bed, looking down at his hands.

“I suppose I should,” I said. Louis looked up and gave me a reassuring smile.

“They’re great guys once you get to know them Val,” he said. I rolled my eyes at the nickname he had given me, “Why don’t we go downstairs and do something with the boys?” We both left my room and headed downstairs. Liam was sitting on the sofa next to Harry, who had his leg elevated. Niall and Zayn were in the kitchen. Niall was had a bag of popcorn in his hands and he was tossing pieces of popcorn at Zayn, who was trying to catch them in his mouth. Needless to say, there was more popcorn on the floor than he had caught. I watched them for a minute. Niall threw a piece at Zayn, who caught it in his mouth. He stood up and threw his hands in the air, celebrating the catch. I started giggling and when I turned to look at Louis, he was smiling at me.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing,” he said, not taking his eyes off of me. We walked to one of the sofas and sat down next to each other. Liam was watching the TV intently. I looked to see what he was watching, but I didn't know what the show was. Louis saw me looking and he explained that it was Liam's favorite show. I nodded and sat there for a moment before I tried to get Liam’s attention.

“Liam?” He didn’t hear me, “Liam?” Still, nothing. I looked at Harry, who grabbed a pillow and hit Liam in the head with it. That got his attention.

“What?” Liam said, annoyed. Harry pointed at me and Liam turned to face me, his face softening, “Yeah?”

“Do Niall and Zayn know?” I asked. He thought for a moment.

“Uh, no, I didn’t get to telling them yet,” Liam replied, “Why? Do you not want them to know?” I shook my head.

“No, they can know, I was just wondering.” Liam nodded.

“Want me to tell them now?” he asked. I nodded.

“Sure, if you’re not too busy with your show,” I said. Liam got up and walked into the kitchen. It was quiet for a minute or two, then I heard Niall start coughing; a few seconds after that, Zayn walked into the room and sat in one of the chairs on the other side of the room. He was clenching his fists and his knuckles were turning white; he looked like he wanted to punch a wall.

“Zayn?” I spoke up. He looked up at me and I saw that he was pissed. It actually felt good to know that he cared about me so much already, even though I barely knew him, “Zayn calm down, okay?”

“You shouldn’t have to deal with this Valerie,” he said. He was reacting so much to what Liam had told him and I was confused as to why.

“Zayn, mate, we know that,” Louis said, “But don’t go punching any walls, okay? We’ve already got a broken foot; we don’t need a broken hand as well.” He motioned over to Harry, whose face turned red. I guess the boys were still teasing him about that.

Harry and Louis had managed to calm Zayn down and Niall and Liam still hadn’t left the kitchen. I decided to go and check on them. I got up and walked into the kitchen. I was instantly wrapped in a hug.

“I’m sorry Valerie,” Niall said. Again, I was confused as to why he was reacting like this. He hasn't known me for that long, neither has Liam, Louis, or Zayn, but all four of them were treating me as if they'd known me for years, like they were my older, over protective brothers. I looked over Niall’s shoulder at Liam, who gave me a look that said something like ‘Sorry, not much I can do to get him to let go’. I rolled my eyes and hugged Niall back.

“Don’t be sorry Niall; it’s not your fault.” Niall stepped back and looked at me.

“How are you so okay with this?” he asked. I sighed and peeked around the corner into the living room, making sure the other boys weren’t listening. I looked back at Niall and saw that both he and Liam were looking at me.

“Just don’t tell the others about this when I tell you okay?” I whispered. They both nodded and I went to sit at the table, Niall following my lead. I looked down at the table while I told them.

"Well, a year and a half after I had been taken, I started to get sick. The man who was holding me there had a friend who was a doctor. He had his friend check me out, figure out what was going on.” I looked up at Liam and Niall. Niall looked confused, but Liam looked like he knew where this was going. I took a shaky breath and continued, “I was pregnant.”