Chapter 7: Results

Louis’s POV:

Liam arrived a few minutes ago and was watching Harry. He was getting his foot in a cast and he was still kind of mad about what had happened to Valerie. It also didn’t help that Liam and I had been teasing him about how he broke his foot. We just couldn’t help it though!

Anyways, I was in the waiting area, waiting for the doctor to finish with Valerie’s tests. I hadn’t been waiting for long, but it had been about an hour since the doctor took her for tests. I was bouncing my leg, impatience taking over. Even though I had only known about Valerie for a couple days, I already cared about her. I just couldn’t put my finger on why.

The doctor walked in and I jumped out of my seat.

“Calm down there,” the doctor said, “I’ve finished with the tests, but it will take some time to get the results. Until the results come, Valerie will have to stay here. Where’s her brother?” He looked around, not seeing Harry.

“He’s getting his foot casted,” I said.

“Ah, I thought so. Anyways, you can go and see Valerie now.”

“Thanks doc.” I walked over to Valerie’s room and slowly opened the door. I leaned against the doorframe and looked into the room. Valerie was staring out of the window, watching as it began to rain outside. A tear fell and she wiped it away. It hurt to see her in pain like this. If anyone could be madder than Harry at the sick bastard who did this to Valerie, I was. I walked into the room and sat down on the chair by the side of her bed. She looked over to me and smiled weakly.

“You okay?” I asked. She nodded slowly. I gave her a small smile, got up out of the chair, and sat on the bed next to her. She didn’t flinch this time. She looked down at her hands. I saw a few more tears fall onto the blanket on the bed. I reached up and wiped away the tears on her cheek.

"Hey, it's alright,” I said, "Everything's gonna be okay now." She looked up at me and I saw that her eyes were bloodshot. I scooted closer to her, slowly, watching how she reacted. As soon as I was literally right next to her on the bed, she wrapped her arms around me and buried her face into my chest, crying into my shirt.

I was a little shocked that she warmed up to me this quickly, after everything she had been through, but I ignored it for the moment and wrapped one arm around her shoulder and rubbed her back, like I did for Harry when he was upset. She seemed to calm down quickly and when I looked down at her, I saw that she had fallen asleep. I smiled and let my eyes close as well. It had been a long day…

Harry’s POV:

“Harry seriously, if you kick one more concrete support because you’re mad, I’m going to personally enroll you in anger management classes.” Liam was picking on me again. I was trying to get used to using crutches and he seriously wasn’t helping. We were walking, well, I was crutching, over to Valerie’s room and it was a slow process getting there. Liam opened the door and when he looked inside, he ‘awwed’ quietly. I raised an eyebrow and he pointed into the room. I hopped over to the doorway and looked into the room.

Louis was laying next to Valerie in the hospital bed. Valerie had her arms wrapped around Louis's middle and he had an arm wrapped around her shoulder. Valerie must have been crying, because there were wet patches on Louis’s shirt. I smiled. At least Valerie had warmed up to Louis and I wouldn’t be the only one she talked to when she came to stay with us.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder and I turned to see Valerie’s doctor there.

“Mr. Styles, I need to talk to you for a minute,” the doctor said. I nodded.

“Liam, why don’t you go in there and try to wake Louis up?” Liam nodded and went into the room, closing the door behind him. I turned back to the doctor.

“So, what’s up doc?”

Liam’s POV:

I walked into the room and shut the door. I didn’t want to wake Louis up, but if the doctor had the test results, we would all be going home soon. I sat in the chair next to the bed and looked at the two sleepers. They really were cute together. Maybe when everything settled down, they could actually be more than friends.

I reached out, about to wake Louis up, when the shouting coming from outside the door did that for me.

“SHE’S WHAT?”