Chapter 5: The Reunion

Louis’s POV:

“Harry, I-” Valerie started to say something, but she stopped. She began to fall and before she could hit the ground, I caught her. I lowered her gently to the ground and Harry was by her side immediately. We were all hovering over her.

“Shit,” Harry muttered. His hands were covered in Valerie’s blood. I look down at my hands, which had some blood on them as well.

“Louis, pick her up, we have to get her to a hospital,” Liam said, “Harry, you and Niall go to the police station and tell them about the license plate. Louis, Zayn, and I will-”

“No,” Harry said, “I’m not leaving Valerie.” Liam was about to protest, when I held a hand up. He looked at me and I shook my head. 

"I'm sure that when we get there the doctors will have the police come to talk to Valerie. Harry can tell them then," I said. Liam nodded and I picked Valerie up and headed as fast as we could to the van. I climbed in back, sat down, and laid Valerie on my lap. Zayn and Niall climbed in after me and Harry climbed in front as Liam started the engine.

The ride to the hospital was agonizingly long, for Harry especially. He kept glancing at the mirror checking on Valerie. She still hadn’t woken up and when we got to the hospital, we all rushed into the emergency room. Luckily, it wasn’t busy at the moment.

One of the nurses at the desk looked up when we ran into the room and she led us into a room. I set Valerie down on the bed and we were told that we had to leave the room by one of the other nurses. Harry looked like he was about to protest, but the nurse held up her hand, “We’ll let you see her as soon as we can, but for now, you’re just going to have to wait out there.” She backed us out of the room and closed the door and we all just looked at each other. We walked back over to the chairs in the waiting room and all of us but Harry sat down. Harry just paced from one side of the room to the other.

He went on like this for at least ten minutes. I just couldn’t stand to see him like this any longer. I got up and held an arm out, stopping him dead in his tracks.

“Mate, calm down,” I said. His eyes were bloodshot and he was crying. I couldn’t tell if he was crying because he was worried, or because after three years of searching in vain, he had finally found his sister.

“I can’t,” he whispered. I thought for a moment.

“Why don’t you call your parents and tell them what’s going on.” I suggested. He nodded and pulled out his phone. He started dialing as he walked outside. I looked back at Liam, who gave me a thumbs up.

Harry’s POV:

I called my mum and held the phone up to my ear. It rang a few times, and then I heard her answer.

“Hello?”

“Mum?”

“Harry? What’s the matter? Have you been crying?”

“Uh, kind of… listen, I need you to come down to the hospital…” I explained to her what was going on. How I had remembered the license plate and how on our way to the police station, I had crashed into Valerie. As I explained how I found Valerie, I heard my mum gasp and I heard her running.

“Mum?” I asked, wondering what was going on. Then I heard her, my stepdad, and Gemma talking. I heard cheering and I couldn’t help but chuckle.

“We’ll be there as soon as we can Harry,” my mum said.

“Alright, see you soon mum.” I ended the call and went back inside just as a doctor came into the room. Everyone stood up.

“Are you all here for Ms. Styles?” he asked. We all nodded, “Are any of you family?” The boys looked at me and I stepped forward. The doctor motioned for me to follow him and we both walked into one of the rooms. Valerie was lying on the bed, still not awake. Bandages were wrapped around her arms and there was a brace on her right wrist. I turned to the doctor.

“Just thought I’d tell you about the extent of her injuries,” the doctor started, “Most of the cuts had to be stitched up. She lost a lot of blood too, so we gave her a blood transfusion. Her right wrist is sprained, so she shouldn’t be doing too much with it right now. You got that?” I nodded, “Do you have any idea how she sustained the injuries?” I nodded again.

“She was kidnapped when she was fifteen years old. I don’t know who did this, but we found her today. She was fine for a while, and then she just passed out.” The doctor nodded.

“Alright then, she should be waking up soon. We'll be having some police officers come and talk to you and your sister but until then, you stay here and if you want to bring your friends in here, you can.” And with that, he walked out of the room. I walked back out to the waiting room and told the guys they could come and wait in the room if they wanted to. We all went back to the room and walked in. Valerie was still unconscious, but she was beginning to stir.