If I jump now, who will catch me?[5]

Midoriya's POV:

I woke up more determined than ever, I turned off my alarm and got up. I took a quick shower, changed into my school uniform and ran downstairs, mom left me a plate of breakfast on the counter with a note.

'I had to go to work early today, I made breakfast and your lunch is in the fridge. Love you Izuku! ~ Mom❤️'

I smiled at the note and quickly ate the food. I grabbed my lunch and put it in my backpack. I slipped on my favourite red shoes and walked out the door, locking it behind me. I saw Uraraka walking from her house.

"Uraraka!" I shouted while walking over to her.

"Hey Deku! Any leads on your soulmate?"

"None..."

"Oh well, you'll find her!" She smiled, we walked together and started walking to school. Once we got there we walked into class and sat in our seat. I noticed Todoroki came in with a bandaid on his face, I went up to him.

"Hey, Todoroki! What's on your face?"

"Hello, oh, it's just a scratch."

"Alright!" I exclaimed happily. Mr. Aizawa got up in his sleeping bag, he unzipped it and took a step out.

"Alright, class get to your seats. Today we are going to work in partners... No, you will not choose." The whole class groaned.

"Ok. Ashido and Hagakure, Aoyama and Sato, Asui and Uraraka, Kaminari and Sero, Kirishima and Bakugou, Koda and Ojiro, Shoji and Tokoyami, Jiro and Yaoyorozu, Todoroki and Midoriya and I guess Mineta and Iida."

"Com' on teach! Why can't I be with one of the girls?" Mineta said while staring at some of the girls.

"Because I said so, everyone pair up." I walked over to Todoroki.

"So you're name is Midoriya not Deku?" He asked.

"Yup! Deku is just a name some people call me! You can call me whatever you want though!" I said excitedly.

"I think Midoriya is alright." He said in a monotone voice.

"Today we will just be conversing about whatever, use this time as an ice breaker." Mr. Aizawa said while getting back into his sleeping bag.

"So... What do you want to talk about?" He shrugged, I looked around and everyone was already talking. I looked back to him and he looked zoned out like he was thinking.

:Mentions of abuse:

"How did you get that cut?" He wasn't paying attention, his eyes were blank. He answered in a dead voice.

"Just my father." I shook his shoulder.

"What do you mean?!" He didn't snap out of his thought, I poked his side and he nearly jumped out of the seat hissing in pain. I got up and grabbed his wrist and pulled him into the hallway, I closed the classroom door and lifted his shirt to see his whole torso wrapped in bandages.

"Todoroki, what happened?"

"Nothing."

"Todoroki don't lie." He sighed.

"Fine. But don't tell anyone. You know my father?"

"Yeah Endeavor the second-best pro."

"'Hero' isn't the right term. He causes all my pain... He caused this." He touched his left eye.

"You mean he did that to you?" He shook his head.

"No my mother did, but it was because of him."