What's a Soulmate? [1]

(Hi, welcome to the first chapter! As you can see in the title we will put the name of the chapter with the chapter number in box brackets next to it!)

(I forgot to mention this in the prologue:)

Italics = Thoughts

Bold = A/N or important comments

Normal = Talking or Monologue

*Both boys age five*

Midoriya's POV:

Normally Momma wakes me up every morning but today she didn't... Why? I got out bed and walked into the living room, I saw Momma crying on the couch. I ran up to her and sat beside her.

"What's wrong Momma?" She looked at me and sadly smiled.

"Sweety, Poppa won't be coming home..." She stopped crying and wrapped an arm around me.

"For how long?"

"He won't be coming back home for a very long time." She started crying again, I wrapped my arms around her giving her the biggest hug I could.

"It's ok Momma I'll take care of us!" She looked at me and smiled, tears still falling down her face.

"I know you will baby." I was a little confused by what she meant when she said Poppa isn't coming home but I went with it. We stayed hugging for a few minutes before Momma got up and wiped her eyes, she went to the kitchen and started cooking Katsudon for me. Katsudon is my favourite! I sat down at the table and waited for Momma to finish cooking, once she did she placed the food in front of me and I started eating.

"Izuku, slow down. Don't choke on that ok?" I nodded before slowing down a bit to make momma happy, it was the day before kindergarten started and I was so happy! I haven't seen Kacchan in a while, I hope we're in the same class this year! Then I noticed a weird sparky thing in the side of my eye.

"Momma?" She looked up from the sink where she was doing the dishes

"Yes sweety?"

"What's that weird sparky thing I see?" She laughed before putting a plate down and coming over to me.

"Thats your soulmate spark" I was confused

"W-What's a soulmate?" I've heard people on the tv talking about it but I've never actually talked about it with Momma.

"A soulmate is someone who loves's you very much and helps you when you're sad. Poppa was Momma's soulmate." I could see her get sad again, but she looked at me and smiled.

"Oh! So what is that spark thingy?" I tried to point at it and she laughed again.

"I can't see your soulmate spark Izuku, only you can. It will grow when you're close to your soulmate and when you kiss them it becomes a little fire." Mine flickered blue, which was weird since normally sparks are orange.

"Momma, what colour is the spark?" She looked at me concerned, I shrunk in my seat.

"It should be orange why honey?" I didn't want to tell her it was turning blue in case she would get me in trouble for it being different. What if I'm not normal?

"Just wondering!" She ruffled my curly green hair and went back to the sink to finish the dishes, I ate my Katsudon and gave her the plate. I ran to my room and looked at all of the All Might posters that covered the walls.

"Wow! Allmight is so cool! I hope I can meet him one day, maybe he can help me find Poppa!" I cheered to myself while playing with my Allmight figures.

"Izuku we're going to the store come on!" Momma yelled from the kitchen.

"Ok Momma!" I ran out of my room and got my favourite red shoes on, I grabbed Momma's hand and we left the house.

Todoroki's POV:

"Mommy?" I was sitting in Mommy's lap while she brushed my hair.

"Yes dear?"

"What's that spark thing I see?"

"That's your soulmate spark, it will grow when you are close to your soulmate."

"Oh..." She already explained what a soulmate was to me so I kind of understood what she meant

"It will turn blue when your soulmate is hurt and needs you. You have to promise me you will find your soulmate and love them ok?"

"Ok Mommy! Um... Is Daddy your soulmate?" Daddy wasn't a very nice man, he always hurt Mommy and us.

"Yes sweety but Daddy isn't a nice man."

"W-What if my soulmate isn't nice either?" I was scared my soulmate would be like Daddy, I didn't want my soulmate to hit me I wanted her to hug me and kiss me.

"I know she won't be mean like Daddy, I can fee it." (You have no idea Rei... sorry I'll leave... ~Jess) I smiled at that, but then Daddy started yelling again.

"SHOTOOOO!" I got scared and grabbed Mommy's hair.

"Don't worry honey your soulmate will save you one day from this place..." I got up and started walking to the living room for my 'training' with Daddy.

*Time skip one year*

Mommy got sent away today because she hurt my eye. But I didn't want her to go, it was Daddy's fault she did it, he was the one that sent her away. I hate Daddy! He made Mommy go, away he made brother go away! I want to meet my soulmate now so they can save me from Daddy just like Mommy said they would...

(Alright, the first chapter is a cliffhanger yay! Like I said it's somewhat shorter than usual, but it will get back to normal. Now that everything their childhood stories have been said I can skip to them being teenagers!)

(948 Words)

~ Lemon🍋