Our Beginning

It was later in the evening and we had just finished our evening training before dinner. I went into the locker room and opened my assigned locker to put away my equipment and grab a towel to wipe off my sweat.

"Adora!" I heard a voice shout behind me before something tackled me from behind.

I yelped in surprise as I fell to the floor right on my face. I groaned, removing my face from the floor and twisting my head around to see a very familiar face.

"Catra!" I whined, "Did you really have to tackle me like that?"

She laughed and curled up on my back.

"I don't. But you're just so easy to pounce on. I couldn't resist." She answered, still laughing at me as she got off my back.

She held out her hand and I grabbed it, Catra helping me stand back up.

Catra is my best friend in the Horde. Apparently, she was the same as me, an orphan. Neither of us really know where we came from, that's probably why we got along so well.

If you couldn't tell from looking at her from a first glance, when seeing her tail and cat ears, she has a lot of cat abilities and physiology, that includes enhanced agility, strength, senses, claws and a good sense of balance. It made her hard to beat in a fight.

Although, she is a serious prankster when she wasn't taking cat naps, she is very sweet and funny. We've been together for years ever since we met as little kids.

We laughed and talked as we came out of the locker room, then went to the dining room to eat. Suddenly, we heard someone speaking around the corner. The two of us snuck along the walls and listened closer to the conversation.

"Sir, what are we to do with it?" The voice asked.

"Just take it away somewhere. Put it with the rest of the orphans." Another voice said. We recognized it right away as Lord Hordak.

"What's Lord Hordak talking about?" I wondered aloud, whispering to Catra as we hid along the wall.

"I don't know." Catra answered, "But he did say orphan, so there must be a new orphan being added to the orphanage."

"Lord Hordak!" A different voice said. The two of us gasped, recognizing the voice as Shadowweaver.

Shadowweaver is the woman who found me and raised me along with Catra. Though, I have a feeling that Catra was jealous since Shadowweaver seemed to pay more attention towards me than to her.

We peaked around the corner and saw Lord Hordak and Shadowweaver with another Horde soldier holding something in his arms. We couldn't tell what it was, but to me, it looked like a bundled piece of brown cloth.

"What is it Shadowweaver?" Lord Hordak asked in a gruff and annoyed tone.

"Why don't I take the child?" Shadowweaver proposed, "This is one strange, I believe she can become very strong, like the other children."

"You said that about the last one. Who was it? Adora, you called her? What makes this one special?" Hordak asked.

Shadowweaver stepped closer to Hordak and whsipered something in his ear. Hordak's eyes widened slightly before returning to normal and nodding.

"I see. This child may be able to do that?" He asked for clarification.

Shadowweaver nodded, "Yes. I feel some kind of power from her. I believe if we raise her right, she should be able to help us greatly."

Hordak looked at the soldier, mainly the bundle of cloth he was holding.

"Very well. Be sure to train it well. Make sure it will not betray us in any way." Hordak said. Shadowweaver nodded and took the bundle of cloth from the solider.