Ch. 34

Elianas pov

I wake up to a dark room and a faint glow from a phone screen. I let my eyes focus harder and I see Lauren beside my still.

She turns her head to me, "How are you feeling?" She asks.

"It hurts a little and I still feel kinda sick to my stomach, but better."

"Good, I'm happy to hear you feel better." She says.

"What time is it?"

I hear her phone lock before all light in my room disappears, "1 in the morning. I knew you were going to wake up so I didn't want to go to sleep. I was doing my best to stay awake so that if you still weren't feeling good, and woke up in a lot of pain, I could help."

"Thank you." I say sincerely.

I don't get how she can care about me this much with how much of a bitch I was to her when she was dating my mom. She's never let it effect how she sees me though and I'm grateful for that. I misjudged her when she was dating my mom.

"Mhm, your aunt will be back in the morning." She says.

"Oh, where is she now?"

"I believe your moms house."

Why is she at my moms house? She said she was going to my grandparents house today. So what the hell is she doing at my moms? Did she lie to me?

"Well, she can stay there." I mumble.

"I'm sorry Lia."

"It's not your fault."

But I'll never get an apology for the persons fault it is. That's just never going to happen, ever.

Demi's pov

"This seriously can't be happening. Demi, how?!"

I stare at the positive test in my hand before looking at my older sister, "I don't even know. My stupidity I guess? We weren't even together that long. Like-"

"Ok and?! I'm taking care of your first daughter because of a mistake you made when you were 16! You can't take care of her, or want to, so I am! How on gods earth did you make the same mistake again?!"

Of course I know how I did it. It's a matter of not wanting to admit how it happened. It's a matter of admitting not only did I make the mistake of putting myself in a position to have a child, but a matter of admitting I did that only because I was under the influence of something. I can't allow anyone to know I broke my sobriety.

I'm back on path, I'm doing what I'm supposed to with my doctors, it's fine. It didn't lead to anymore more than another accidental pregnancy.

"I think I can do it this ti-"

"Don't you dare even finish that sentence Demi." Dallas fumes.

I look at her to only see her beyond angry, "You can't do it this time. You couldn't even handle taking care of a child who takes care of herself 90% of the time. You can not handle a baby who's going to be relying entirely on you. Think about Eliana for once. If you keep that baby, and she sees that, it'll be like a slap to the face. You gave her to me but are willing to keep another accidental baby. You got an abortion with Wilmer because you knew you couldn't take care of a baby. You are single and no ones going to be here to help you raise that baby. No one. I'm not going to do it for you again and you know you're not going to want to do this for 18 years. You told me just a few weeks ago that you didn't think that it'd be 18 years of a commitment. You're making the same fucking mistake Demi."