Ch. 15

Wilmers pov

After a day of appointments and Eliana lying her way through both, then me having to tell the truth, to say I'm emotionally drained would be an understatement.

"I'm going to my room." She decides.

"Keep the door open. I will take the door knobs off if you don't." I warm.

"Whatever." She sighs.

I watch her walk to her room and leave the door wide open behind her. I pull my phone out of my pocket and call Demi now that I have the time too.

"How is she and how did everything go?" She asks.

"She lied to Jordyn and the psychiatrist. She told the psychiatrist she's been good and nothing happened yesterday. Even told him that she hasn't cut recently despite her covering her arms with a sweatshirt because she has. So I had to talk to him and tell him everything that's been going on and she got a med change. Due to the fact she didn't try and kill herself, have a plan, and didn't seem to have the same agenda today, he decided not to hospitalize her. I don't know what she told Jordyn because Jordyn obviously can't tell me. But I don't think she was truthful in there either." I say.

"She mentioned you talked to her psychiatrist. Also that she didn't like him." She sighs.

"She told me the same, she doesn't like him. But she also said she didn't see the point in being honest when nothing he does works even when she is honest." I say.

"She's telling you more than she's ever told me. She didn't tell me that much, just that she didn't like him. How is she?"

"Down, really down. I'm going to keep an eye on her tonight and tomorrow will be a busy day at work so hopefully she stays a bit distracted." He says.

"So When is she starting the new medication?"

"Tomorrow morning."

I chat with her for a few more minutes before she lets me go and I go straight to check on Eliana, "Do you want some dinner now or later?" I ask.

"Later." She mumbles.

I sit at the end of her bed and she keeps her head low, "What's going on?" I ask.

"Nothing."

"I think we both know it's something, you're quiet."

"I just don't get why you're so mad at me for lying. Why would I be honest when it makes no difference? You don't even know how hard it is to talk about that and do it because you need help then not get it. None of the medicine I've ever been on works. So why would I talk about something that hard for help when I won't get it? I don't even have hope with medicine anymore because it's the same thing over and over, it doesn't work. The only thing that happens when I get new medicine, is I end up feeling worse than I did on the last. That's why I'm not honest. Because I end up hurting more. All the new medicine will do is lead me to be worse off than I am now."

"I'm worried and I want you to feel better but there's no way you will if you lie. So yes I was a bit frustrated to find out you lied and told him you we're doing good. But I'm not mad at you Eliana." I say.

"It seems like you are."

"I'm not kiddo."

She still refuses to make any eye contact with me which leads me to believe that's not all she's thinking about. Something else is going on in her head and she won't look at me due to guilt. I know her too well to not know why she won't look at me.

"What else are you maybe thinking about?" I ask.

"Nothing, I need to call someone, can I please be left alone?"