Ch. 13

Elianas pov

The second we get home I rush to my room wanting nothing more to be alone. I lock my door behind me and rush to my nightstand. I frantically throw everything out desperately looking for the piece of metal.

"Where the fuck is it?!" I panic.

It should be at the bottom, why isn't it here? Where is it? I only have one left. My mom found the rest last year.

"Eliana open the door." I hear Wilmer say as the doorknob wiggles.

I feel around the empty dresser before I hear my lock be picked and Wilmer walks in, "I know what you're looking for. I've taken it already." He says.

No, he's lying. He doesn't know what I'm looking for. He doesn't know I do that. He couldn't.

"I saw the cuts on your arms last week. I choose not to address it because I wanted you to come to me and talk, not me force it out of you. I took the blade that night, it is gone now." He says.

He didn't, he's lying. He couldn't have known where it was. I have been in my room this whole time, he couldn't have taken it. He wouldn't have time to. I'd have seen it.

"Ella, come here hun." He says.

I sit frozen and unable to move, is it really gone? The one thing that's been my only survival skill is gone? I can't do it. I need it. I really need it. Why would he take it away?

Wilmers pov
It's scary to see her like this. It just brings back all the nights I had to sit in a bathroom with Demi after she attempted this and much more. Elianas so much like her mom that this is something I fear happening. It's something I've always feared.

Eliana and Demi both hide and suppress so much. To the point even when you think you know everything, you really know nothing. You never know what's going on inside their head or the real problems. Everything they say is just a cover up to the truth.

I step over books and sit beside Eliana, "I know that you think you need it, but you don't. You're stronger than you realize. Using pain as a way to cope, doesn't fix anything. It may fix it temporarily but at the end of the day, it's still there. This won't fix it, Jordyn can help you fix it though." I say.

All I see is her stare shift to a bottle of prescription medication and in a matter of a split second she lunges to it. I quickly pull her back and grab the bottle from her hand.

That results in an ear piercing scream from her and I then grab the last two bottles of pills. I quickly rush downstairs with them and hide them for the time being. I don't have time to lock them right this second. Hiding them will do for now.

I rush out of my bedroom to see Eliana bolting to the kitchen. I run quickly there and grab her before she reaches the knife drawer.

"Eliana, listen to me." I say.

The only thing she does is continue to try and fight out of my grip. Unable to keep her from inching closer to the knife drawer, I pull her to the floor and hold her in my lap. She continues to fight, but I have the upper hand and she's unable to get any closer to the drawer.

"Princesa, por favor." I say.

All her fighting stops and she just goes limp in my arms. All the fight is given up.

"You're ok, I've got you. Let's go back to your room, let's just lay down for now." I say.

I stand up and wait for her to do the same, but all she does is hold her arms up with watery eyes. I get the hint and pick her up and carry her back to her bedroom. I carefully put her in her bed as she begins to cry and I sit in the bed with her, "Can you tell me what's going on?" I ask.