Ch. 30

Elianas pov

Despite Wilmers best efforts, the few days spent with him were just me sleeping my life away. I don't see it as a total loss though. I was able to sleep because she felt comfortable and safe. I got a lot of sleep and that's something I won't get at my aunts house.

"Before you go get her, can I talk to you about something?" I hear Wilmer ask.

"Sure." I hear my aunt reply.

I stop packing due to my desire to hear this conversation. I know it's about me and you best believe I want to know about it.

"Her eating. Her doctor said that right now it just sounds like a developing eating disorder, but she hasn't had enough symptoms to be diagnosed with anything. Right now Eliana's extremely picky on what she eats and calorie counts every day to make sure she doesn't go over 2,000 calories. Her mom said that's how many calories you should eat in a day and she's fixated on that. She'll calorie check any snack you give her and her doctor said that if you see her doing it, to stop her. She even said it's best to serve her food without wrappers to make sure Eliana can't see the number of clarities. She will try and skip meals. She'll always have an excuse as to why, but you can't budge on her." He says.

"Did Demi know?"

"Victoria did and I'm not sure if she did anything or not. I imagine she did, she did love and care about Eliana and wanted to see her happy and healthy. But her doctor said sometimes it's best to not tell someone that someone else has an eating disorder. They are competitive and the other person who's been fine might become triggered and it just be a fight over who can be thinner." Wilmer says.

Sadly, Victoria did call me out. Several times. With it be silently with a cold stare from across the table. Or it be her arguing with me out loud because my mom wasn't there. But I did get put in my place. She didn't let anything slide like Wilmer does. I ate whether I wanted to or not.

"I can't believe I didn't even notice. But now that you've mentioned it, it makes sense. She moved her food around the plate more then she eats it. She eats very small portions when she does eat. There's a lot of restriction it seems like." Dallas says.

"Exactly, which is why I told you. She's going to be living with you and if you aren't aware of what's happening, she will spiral downwards."

"So she opened up to you about this?" Dallas asks.

"No, her doctor filled me in a few months ago."

I continue to pack deciding this isn't the tea I thought it'd be. I'm officially uninterested in this conversation. I didn't think it's be about that.

Just as I'm about done, Wilmer and my aunt walk into the room, "Hey kiddo." My aunt says.

"Hi."

"I'll miss you Ella." Wilmer says.

I turn my head to look at him, "I'll miss you too."

"Oh please, I'll still let her stay the night. I'm not Demi you know?"

Doesn't mean I want to really stay with you either. I'd much rather stay with Wilmer. You're better than my mom, but not better than the guy who was a dad to me for 6 years. Or the guy who's continued to parent me despite my mom and his relationship being over.

"I know, just never easy to say goodbye." I say.

Which is why I think I shouldn't have to and we should just let me stay here...

Once my things are packed I give Wilmer a hug and reluctantly follow my aunt to her car. I hate this all so incredibly much.