Ch. 24

Elianas pov

It's 9 pm when I hear the front door open and I move right beside my bedroom door wanting to hear the conversation between my mom and Matthew. I want to know what happened between her and Victoria.

"Why are you here? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see you but I wasn't really expecting to see you." I hear my mom say.

"I honestly have no idea. Eliana called me and asked if I could babysit her and when I get here Victoria is moving all her stuff and I didn't ask questions. I asked Eliana what happened and she asked what did I mean and I realized she didn't know either, so I changed topics and got her mind off it."

Wait so Victoria like really left? What. The. Fuck. What the hell did my mom do that ended up in a break up? I've done and said a lot of messed of and shady things to her and she's still here and forgave me each time. Whatever my mom said had to have been an entirely different level of hurt than what I've been doing. I never thought it'd be my mom who was the reason for this particular break up, I thought it'd be me, but here we are.

"Ok, well thanks. Is she asleep?" My mom asks.

"I believe so, she asked for her night medicine an hour ago. I assume if she took it she'd be sleeping by now, but I didn't really double check to see what she was doing after she took it."

I am not, you see I should be. That was the point of one of my night medication, but well, my psychiatrist messed up a bit. My dose is too low to even achieve the effects of sleep. But what it has done is make me paranoid though. I'm unable to watch anything scary before bed now or else I do believe that whatever I watched will happen to me. I can't even watch live pd or I'm convinced there'd drugs hidden in my room and I'm going to get in trouble. Honestly it's kinda crazy.

"Alright, well either she fell asleep with the light on or she's awake."

Aw man, I'm caught aren't I?

"I didn't see the light on earlier."

I should've turned it off sooner...

"So is everything ok?" Matthew asks.

"We got into a fight earlier this week and things have been hopping that added more tension and stress. She asked me to spend time with Eliana and take her to the studio with me today and I basically said I'm not making her stay here if she doesn't want to watch Eliana then she can leave. I guess she decided to leave."

"But you two fight all the time, I can't imagine you two having a fight so big that she just decides it's over." Matthew says.

"Our plans for the future were not the same and she wasn't going to be happy with what mine were. There wasn't a way to compromise on her end and I wasn't willing to compromise on my end."

"She wanted another child?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"And you don't."

Interested, I put my ear closer to the door wanting to hear this part more than anything I've heard so far.

"Not even a little bit."

"I've always known you don't want another child, but why don't you want another child?"

"That's an 18 year commitment and one I didn't really realize or think about when I kept Eliana. Had I thought ahead, I wouldn't have done it. I am burnt out and I don't want to do it again. I barely manage to take care of Eliana as it is, I do not want to have another child."