Ch. 11

Elianas pov

By 6 pm I've, talked to Jordyn, done all my schoolwork, showered, and learned another tiktok dance. But at 6:15 me trying to film the tiktok isn't happening with Wilmer standing in my room.

I give up on filming and sit on my bed knowing why he's in here. To address the comment I made earlier today.

"We need to talk." He says.

"Ok." I say.

He takes a deep breath, "How long have you been doing this for?"

"Doing what for?" I ask.

"The worrying about what you eat. Because 2 years ago I could've put pizza and pasta in front of you for a week and you wouldn't worry or complain. Now you're definition of lunch is a salad and you're not eating breakfast?" He asks.

"In my defense I've never liked breakfast and you know that. You've always struggled to get me to eat breakfast. Even when I was younger. The doctor would tell you to just give me pediasure or ensure as a substitute. But I don't like milk so that never worked out. But I'm older now and know more about calories and food and healthy eating. I still have pe in online school and we talk about calories, diet, and healthy eating all the time. Along with what eating certain foods can cause like obesity or heart disease and so on. Plus mom says it's ok to eat over 2,000 calories on occasion, but not everyday." I say.

"How did you get on the topic of calorie counting with your mom?" He asks.

"I just asked what's the amount of calories you should eat in a day and she said that." I shrug.

"Do you calorie count?" He asks.

"I calorie check. I don't tally up everything I eat. If it's 500 calories I shouldn't eat it anyway." I say.

"And your moms aware of that?" He asks.

I look down at my hands, "No."

"Eliana calorie checking is only going to lead to calorie counting and that is only going to lead to calorie restriction. You don't think your mom didn't start out with calorie checking? This isn't healthy and you need to stop. You need to talk about this with Jordyn next week. I'm not a doctor, but I do know what you're doing isn't ok. And the fact your already fearing certain foods isn't a good sign." He says.

"It's not that I fear it, I don't fear it. I just don't want to eat a lot of it in x amount of time. This is my natural body and I like it the way it is. I don't want to ruin it by eating a bunch of junk food. If you don't balance your diet and go over the suggested calorie intake, then yeah, you're gonna ruin it. If I were running and burning a lot of energy then yeah, I'd eat more carbs. But doing tiktok dances in my bedroom really isn't burning a lot of energy." I say.

"Eliana, what you're doing is going to lead to something a lot worse. I shouldn't be having this conversation. Not when you know what it's done to your mom." He says.

Hearing him talk about my moms eating disorder is weird. Like yeah they dated and knew one another very week and all, but it's just not something you really think he'd know much about. But hearing him know so much about it is just weird.

"Please don't tell my mom." I beg.

I don't want to have to have this conversation with her. I don't need her nor want her to know. I'm fine.

"I need you to talk to Jordyn about this and I'm not going to make this optional. If you don't talk to Jordyn and get this solved, I will be telling your mom. Because your mom is your mom and needs to make sure you're ok. She's the only person who's going to be able to help you and keep you on the right track." He says.