Chapter Thirty Two

Caden's POV

I felt something hit me hard on the chest.

"Ow!" I exclaimed as I slowly opened my eyes and looked around.

Mercedes.

I laughed, staring at her lie on the bed just beside me and already killing myself with laughter from her expression when she woke up. She was gonna be as red as a pumpkin.

Immediately, I got her legs all tangled up in mine and placed her hand on my chest.

It was time for some drama.

I tapped her back. "Wake up!- Wake up!" I whispered.

"What?" she groaned, disturbed, and returned back to sleep.

"Wake up!" I whispered again and she opened her eyes for a split second.

Her gaze was fixed at the ceiling before she moved it to the breath that pressed against hers.

I winked at her.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" she yelled as she grabbed the sheets to herself and stood up immediately.

I laughed,"Its my room. Remember?"

"Then how the hell did I get here?" she asked, placing her hands on her head and trying to remember.

"Chill. You were too scared last night, remember?"

"Oh. I remember," she nodded and stood up.

"But last night was really interesting," I spoke up in an attempt to annoy her.

"What?" she yelled in astonishment and that thunder of laughter just overtook me.

"I'm serious!" she yelled, annoyed, and stomped out of the room in anger, my duvet trailing down her body like a veil.

Damn do I hate to see her go, but I loved to watch her leave...

°°°°°°°°°°

I arrived at the office just in time and headed to the elevator.

At the top floor, I walked straight to my office but didn't see Adrian anywhere around.

Where the heck was that dude?

I dialled his number and placed the phone at my ear, waiting for him to pick up. Instead, I heard a phone ring from my balcony. I walked out only to see Adrian stealing coffee from my private espresso machine.

"Care to explain what's happening?" I asked, folding my arms against my chest and leaning against the wall.

"Nothing?" he asked and took a sip of my excellent coffee.

The best yet.

"You barged into my office and steal coffee from my machine and say its nothing?" I asked.

"I'm still mad at you!" he shot and dropped the mug on the table.

"That's funny, because last time I remember, the person messing with other peoples businesses is you!" I shot, walking over to him and pointing my finger at his chest.

"I just messed with a coffee maker. You messed with my feelings," he argued.

"Look. I'm not gay," I laughed.

"You don't need to be," he shot.

"I'm still your boss!" I reminded.

"And i'm still your best friend and loyal employee,"