Chapter Nineteen

Bella's POV

Although I said that in my mind, so no one heard it but me, luckily.

"I said i'm okay. I am okay!" I sighed and took a bite of the sandwich in my plate.

"Either ways, we're going to Thompson to have a checkup on you," Papi insisted and shook his head, worried about me.

I rolled my eyes. Mercedes was the insane one. Not me.

"We hope you wouldn't have to end up in an asylum," Mum sighed and sipped her coffee.

"No! I am fine! I am NOT crazy! I'm perfectly fine," I argued, trying my best not to believe what they were saying.

"We won't know that for sure, especially with your recent abnormal, infantile and juvenile behaviour. You've got to put your act together to prove that to us," Mamasita added and shot me a dirty look.

"I agree with your mum on this one,"

"But...." I trailed off.

"Shut your mouth and eat your food. We're running late," Papi shot at me before continuing with his breakfast.

That was not okay! I was not loco!

°°°°°°°°°

"Mercedes here is all good. She's just been stressed out a lot lately, and needs a lot of rest, and plenty of water. That's all," Dr. Thompson said with  a fair smile.

"I told you so," I said to mamasita and papi. In my mind.

"Thanks, doc. Sure, She'll get enough rest. Be sure to come to her wedding party," Papi said happily and stretched his hand for a handshake.

"Of course. I wouldn't miss it for the world," he replied and left, closing the door with a grin on his lips.

I sighed and looked at mamasita and papi.

"Okay, dear. You win! You're okay. But you still have to get some rest, remember!" Papi stroked my hair evenly as I sat on the stretcher.

"Yeah,yeah, yadda yadda, whatever," I replied, still in my mind. I smiled and got up, glancing at papi with a blissful smile.

"Let's go?" Mamasita said.

"Of course," I replied and papi led the way.

°°°°°°°°°°°

We were seated in the car, and it was really quiet. Really, really quiet. Apart from Miss Banks who kept receiving calls and rescheduling my schedule for my return to work.

God, she loved the job more than her life! Jeez!

And Caden just sat there like a big bag of nothing as usual.... I just stared out the window, thinking and hoping my cover doesn't get blown.

"Querida.." Papi started and I turned back at him.

Oh boy!

"Why don't you sit with your hubby here, Caden. Is something wrong?" he continued, fixing his gaze at Caden.

I stared at Caden. He looked as cocky and snubby as ever! I rejected the thought of going near that poisonous venom. Not even for the world.

"The view from here is perfect. I like it here," I lied and curved a ridiculously fake smile on my lips.

"Are you lying?" Mamasita asked, raising a brow. It seemed she knew me inside out so I just blurted out a little chuckle before I replied.

"Yes,"