Chapter Forty Eight

Bella's POV

"What's this?" I asked, raising a brow and not believing that lunatic of a secretary.

"A pregnancy test kit of course," she sighed and rolled her bulging eyes, chugging down her alcohol in one shot and screening her face because of it's taste.

"I know what it is. I mean, what exactly do you want me to use it for?" I asked, taking a thorough look at it.

"Eat it - Use it of course!" she yelled as she stood up and pounced on the dresser stool, toying with my makeup.

"Why? I am not pregnant!" I stated.

"How would you know that?" she raised a brow.

I stared at it before returning my gaze at her.

"Why do you have it, anyway?" I finally asked.

"I always have it because I always need it. Just to know - " she smiled.

Where did that tramp come from?

"So, what if I am or not?" I asked, not getting the point.

"We'll make a bet. If you are, we don't get to party tonight. But if you aren't, we party all night till dawn, intoxicated."

Okay, she had lost it.

"And what if I say no?" I asked, trying to act real smart.

"A deal is a deal," she smirked.

"What deal? I didn't make any deal with you!" I glowered.

"Did too!" she yelled and put her earplugs in and moving her head in rhythm.

"You're unbelievable!" I yelled and stomped into the bathroom with the kit in my hand.

What if I was? I was going to be toast. I still couldn't believe last night. What happened?

A few minutes later......

"Sally? Is that you?" I asked as I heard the door open followed by quiet footsteps.

"I have the results and I think - " I stopped when I didn't hear anything again.

"Sally?" I badgered.

Someone barged in. "Caden?" I yelled with my eyes widened in surprise.

"What are you doing here? Get the fuck out of here!" I yelled at him with knitted brows as I tried to hide the kit away.

"Is that a pregnancy kit? Are you pregnant?" he yelled, staring at my hand.

"Mind your business!" I shot.

"Mind my business?" he yelled.

"I am none of your business, remember? Our marriage is for the press only. So stop acting all sweetheart, when in fact you're not!" I sighed.

"Yeah, but the baby is gonna bump out through your belly and everyone will know" he reasoned and he as sure as hell was right.

"And who said anything about a baby? Its negative, you hear? NE.... GA.... TIVE!" I spelt out the syllables and trashed the kit in the bin.

"At least tell me why you took that. Did you do something last night? Please tell me!" he cried out.

"Caden, get out!" I yelled.

"You cannot be serious" he shook his head in disbelief as he folded his hands against his chest. I walked towards the door, my face straight to show how serious I was.

"I am dead serious. Get the fuck out of my room!" I yelled and opened the door.

"Mercedes - "

"I said, get out!" I barked and he scampered off. I slammed the door and slumped on the bed.