Chapter Fifty Eight

Bella's POV

I took the elevator and landed at the last flor for breakfast. I walked into the room and took my seat. Caden's chair was empty.

We all started eating in silence. It was all too quiet. The piercing eyes of everyone just gave me the creeps. They all hungered to know what happened. I could sense it.

Adrian walked into the room and stared at me for a split second before sitting down on Caden's place and adjusting the chair a bit.

"A very pleasant morning, everyone. Sorry I'm a bit late." He said as he got comfortable.

"I am Adrian, Caden's assistant and the new head of the team leading the event for the year party. I am really sorry to say this but Miss Mercedes, we have to cancel your contract of being the top leader. This is due to - "

"What nonsense is this!" Papi yelled as he stood up in anger.

"We aren't going to take such an insult. Continue your program without us. Mercedes, pack your bags. We are leaving this place." Papi yelled and left. Mamasita stood up next and I followed suit.

I messed up everything. This is just a sad tragic tale. First it was her. Second, her career. And now her whole life.

I finished packing up quickly and had one one the Butler's get my things down the stairs.

We loaded our stuff in the bus and the driver drove off to the airport.

Sooner than expected, we arrived the airport, not having to stress too much about booking.

We were covered and just paid our way through to the plane. First class as expected. I kept looking out the window and wished all this never happened.

Papi tapped me gently and I jerked a little, being distracted from my thoughts.

"Are you alright?" He asked with a little smile.

"Y - yes. I'm fine." I nodded.

"So sorry about this. I'm sure everything will be fine." He assured.

"I hope so too " I dashed off a little smile before averting my gaze back to the window as his face kept flashing in my head.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Mercedes, we are going to be having a press conference tomorrow. The news must have spread already and we need to calm the press." Mamasita said as we walked into the house.

"Okay." I nodded with a little shrug.

I walked up to my room and sat on the bed, staring at Mercedes's pictures on the wall.

A call came from my phone. It was Dar.

"Hello, Dar?" I said as I broke down in tears and chewed on my fingernails.

"Bella - what's wrong?" Ma asked with affection in her voice.

"Ma - " I said, trying to hide the tears in my voice .

"Dear, are you crying?" She asked, concerned.

I felt like breaking into a pool of tears and wrapping my arms over her as she patted my back and threaded her hands through my hair but all I could get was the sweet sound of her voice.

"No, ma. Something just got into my eyes. It'll be gone soon." I lied as my face wrinkled and my jaw hurt, terms streaming down my eyes.

"Well okay. How come you never called us?" She queried.

I sighed and inhaled before mustering up the courage to speak.

"I've just been busy, ma. I'm sorry." I said and held a pillow against my mouth, trying to prevent myself from breaking down the urging tears. It was going to come rushing down but at least not now.

Her voice was as caring as ever and the lies I told her pierced through my very own soul. I wanted to tell her the truth. I wanted to hear her words of comfort, I wanted to feel her warm embrace once more and experience that feeling when she cleans my tears with her palm and tells me everything is gonna be okay.

I wanted to but I couldn't. In as much as She'll comfort me, I can't stand disappointing her. She'd be hurt to hear the truth. The whole truth...

"Bella, are you still there?" She asked.

Tears came running down my face and my voice was already corrupted with my emotions. She'll definitely know i'm not okay. She's my mum, after all.

I took a deep breath and inhaled, exhaled and cleaned my tears before speaking up again.

"I'm here, ma. How is pa and Dar?" I asked.

"We're all fine. Don't worry about us. On the contrary, we've all been worried sick about you. Tell me, how are you coping over there in your university? Is everything alright? Should we be expecting our future neurosurgeon?" She asked happily and I could just imagine how wide the grin on her face could be.

At that point I couldn't take it any longer. Immediately, I hung up and cried out. I tried not to noise out my pain before everyone comes running in. I was hurt and I knew I hurt a lot of people already. I was disappointed in myself. I didn't deserve any of these.

I ran into the bathroom and threw up. I felt really dizzy and couldn't place my mind on anything.

I cleaned up and crawled to the bed, snuggling under the duvet. I was really cold and feverish. My body was really hot and my head pounding. I just wanted to sleep and not be disturbed.

My body kept shaking and my eyes couldn't concentrate on a single thing.

I felt my toes curl up and my lips quiver. My face was damp and my eyes red and swollen.

I heard footsteps outside, coming closer to my room. Immediately, I ducked my head under the duvet and cleaned my tears.

"Honey?" I heard papi's voice.

"Yeah?" I mumbled.

"Can I come in?"

"Not now." I muttered again.

"Are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm positive." I replied.

"Okay."

He closed the door and I got the duvet below my head.

You're hopeless, Bella.

Author's Note.

Thank you all so much for reading. It means a lot to me.

Don't forget to vote, comment and tag your Friends.

We're at 3.56k reads presently. Yay! Thank goodness. And we finally reached 700 votes. I forgot to mention this earlier...

Thanks once again....

So, what'd you think is gonna happen next?
I really want to hear your opinions.

Much Love, Pauly Q.