Chapter Forty Five

Bella's POV

I walked back into my room and slumped on the bed, staring at the ceiling with thoughts running through my head like water running endlessly down a fountain.

 "Mercedes, I am so sorry," I whispered softly and turned to my side.

"Knock knock." I heard someone at the door. I stood up immediately.

"Who's there?" I yelled.

"Caden." he sang out heartily.

I lumbered, opened the door and a stared at him stare at me with a huge grin from ear to ear.

"What?" I retorted.

"Oh, I came to tell you we'll be uhm - "

Mercedes's phone rang.

"I'm coming. One sec," I interrupted and ran over to the bed,  grabbing the phone. Caden  walked in and sat on my bed, putting on the TV.

I answered the call and placed the phone on my left ear, awaiting the voice of the caller.

"Hello?" I said in a nice friendly tone, staring at Caden who interested himself in my TV.

"Hello? Where are you? What are you doing with my phone? I'm Mercedes Pandora Belgravia, and please tell me where you are. I'm lost!" she cried out.

Mercedes Pandora Belgravia..... No!

I stood there, frozen. I didn't know what to say. Was that really her? Judging from the accent, it had to be. That could not be happening. She could not come back. I was doing a great job living her life and she was bound to ruin it all.

Immediately, I hung up and blocked the number, panting heavily as my chest rose and fell, my heart beating so fast.

"What's wrong, wifey? Who was on the phone?" Caden asked as he walked over to me in a worried tone.

"J - just some fans that wanted s - something, autographs and a p - personal concert. Y - you know - nothing s - so -serious," I shrugged with a smile.

"How did they get your private number?" he raised a brow, staring at me.

"Huh?" I asked.

"How'd they get your private number?" he asked once again.

"It must be Banks. I don't know," I looked away, really worried.

"Anyway, I was saying something. We are going to visit the resort later this noon. We'll be checking out spots for the next shoot because it need to be perfect,"

"Okay, that's great," I nodded with a smile.

"So, see you by then?"

"Sure!" I nodded.

He smiled and went out the door.

I sighed and stared at the phone in my hand. Mercedes. She couldn't come back there. I was gonna do everything I could to prevent that from happening. Her return was going to be the worst thing that could happen to me.

                                 °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Ready?" Caden asked as I came down the elevator.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Hey, Caden. Can we go now?" That stupid Mackenzie said and stared at Caden.

"Yeah, we can go now," he nodded.

"I thought its gonna be the family. What is she doing here?" I yelled at Caden.

"She insisted and...."

"I'm out of here," I sighed and got back in the elevator.

"Wait!" Caden called back.

I just stepped into it and headed back to my room. Mackenzie and me did not go well together and I was not fighting for a place with her. Mercedes wouldn't and neither would I.