Chapter Fifty Seven

Caden's POV

I stared at dad as he walked into my room but I decided to ignore him, puffing out the smoke of the cigarette I just took in.

"You know, son..." he started.

I looked up at him as he sat on the bed and I on the floor facing the TV.

"I get you. Sometimes, life isn't so fair," he continued and I scoffed, gulping down the last of the alcohol in the glass.

I burped a little and held my chest before lazily scooping in some ice cubes from the metal bowl and placing them in the wine glass, absentmindedly pouring some more wine into the glass and resting it just beside me on the floor again.

"Are you listening?" he asked and I gave a little shrug.

"You're a mess," he stated the obvious with a sigh.

"I'm not," I corrected, looking back at him and puffing out the smoke. He coughed a little before standing up and staring pitifully at me.

"Why'd you leave if you were planning to become an alcoholic mess?" he finally asked.

"It's your stupid son," I replied in a sharp tone.

"Cameron? Don't tell me..."

"Shut up, dad!" I scowled with gritted teeth and took a huge gulp of the alcohol.

"Okay, fine. Can you at least take a shower? This place is a mess," he denoted, looking around.

I rotated my head, staring at the expensive suits lying lazily and crumpled off, shorts falling off the wardrobe, numerous bottles of alcohol lined up around me and multiple sticks of weed scattered all around the room. I sighed.

"The maid will do it," I mumbled before standing up and grabbing a White T-shirt, wearing it and slumping on the bed.

"You know what? I give up," he sighed and opened the door to leave.

"You're his mother. You talk to him,"

"And you're his father. He'll understand you more,"

"I already did that. He's worse than a rock. He's so impossible,"

"You're just being a coward. Step aside,"

"Good luck trying to move a mountain,"

"Coward,"

I heard mum and Dad mumble at the door before Mum finally came in.

I adjusted myself comfortably on the bed as I pulled the duvet over my head.

"Go away," I mumbled to Mum.

"Um...can you just get over it already?" she asked as the bed dipped as she sat beside me, pulling the duvet below my head and to my neck.

"I'm fine," I muttered and turned my face to the other side.

"Come on Caterpillar," she pleaded, calling me the name she used to when I was still a kid.

"I'm not a kid anymore, mum. Quit calling me that," I whined.

"But you sure are behaving like one," she pointed out and I sat up.

"Why, mum?" I asked.

"Why what, caterpillar?" she asked, placing her hands above mine.

"My name's not caterpillar, mum," I argued once again with a shrug.

"Fine, sorry," she smiled. "So, you were saying.."

"She...I don't know......." I trailed off, shaking my head.

"Its a girl. I know,"

"Thanks for stating the obvious," I rolled my eyes.

"She hurt you, didn't she?" she asked.

"Worse mum. I think I hurt her," I replied and face palmed.

"You think?" she asked, raising a brow.

"I don't know mum," I shrugged.

"Well, Caden. Let me tell you a little something," she said and pinched my cheeks a little as her scent filled my nose with her close contact.

"Mum...." I whined and she stopped.

"Well, when your dad and I were - "

"Here we go again," I sighed and thundered a loud groan.

"Don't be rude," she curled her lips.

"I'm listening," I finally gave in.

"Let me just say this. I know you think she hates you but trust me, she doesn't,"

"And how can you be so sure?" I raised a brow.

"Mum knows best son, mum knows best," she replied. "And, why'd you leave if you know you'd turn to a drinking maniac?" she asked, looking around my messed up bedroom.

"He - I didn't want to be the third wheel. I - "

"So you are jealous....." she smirked. "Mhmmm... Interesting," she nodded.

"No, i'm not. I just don't think it's fair,"

"It isn't fair that you never noticed Mackenzie either."

"But mum - "

"Life's just not fair, Caden. You love her, she loves someone else and someone else loves you and everything's a mess. That's just life," she shrugged.

"I understand, mum," I replied after a long silence as I thought of her words.

"So great I could help, son," She replied and placed a kiss on my forehead before standing up to leave.

"Unlike that coward of a father," she continued and chuckled.

I laughed.

"See you," she whispered with a little wave and gently closed the door.

Mercedes. Mercedes. Mercedes.

Just let me hate you for once. Just once. Please.

I leaned to the side and opened the cupboard, picking out a stick of weed. A little stretch again earned me a lighter which I flickered and lit it up, taking it in and puffing out the smoke.

Get the fuck out of my head.

Author's Note.

Thank you all so much for reading this chapter. It means a lot to me.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share. Tag your friends, please.

So, Caden's devastated....

I had a second thought on writing his POV but i'm glad I did.

Thanks once again.

Much Love, Pauly Q.