Chapter Eight

Bella's POV

Swept by the breeze,my hair stood in the air and my face dampened from the tears. My body was freezing cold and my brain still in total shock. Like I just ran into a trap i can never get away from no matter how much I tried or wanted. It was depressing. I stared at the whole neighborhood. It was quite peaceful, and really nice. It was like a sensation. Beautiful, quiet and tranquil. The moonlight shone beautifully in the dark and the stars were dazzlingly amazing.

Dogs from the neighbours barked angrily with sirens and horns from cars in the neighbourhood and a noise loud enough to jerk me from my sleep and suddenly, everywhere went quiet again.

I folded my arms with my hair still blown by the wind, closed my eyes, and felt the breeze, the wind and everything that surrounded.

Overwhelmed by the peace, it felt magical and smelt glorious, probably the strawberries that were planted along with the flowers. I scented raspberries, strawberries and a tint of mint with purple hibiscus. All joined together, they gave me the inner scent of peace I needed. Graceful.

A moment of silence away from the world; a second freed from my problems. It was a second, but I felt it could last a thousand years or more. I wanted it to always be like this forever. Rich or poor,I had problems I could never run away from. Most of which included this one. This freakishly annoying one.

Slowly, I opened my eyes and got distracted by a glance of a figure. A shirtless masculine figure from the house next door. He smiled warmly at me. I smiled back, just being polite.

His shoulders glistened from sweat. He must have been working out. And God, does it show. His perfectly sculpted body was breath taking. Better than that dumb ass arrogant rude ass hole back there.

He waved.

I smiled again and slowly raised my hand, with a slight wave.

Seeing that smile on his face just made my skin tingle all over. He was pretty okay, unlike some people I know. I'm not fornicating, hell no! First, i'm not married. Mercedes is.

Gosh!

He turned off the lights and disappeared. I sighed and turned from the mystery figure.

Laying on the hammock, I rested my head on the trow pillow I still clenched on to my chest, and looked heavenward at the skies. It was beautiful. Really beautiful, unlike me.

I sighed again and turned to my side.

Remembering Ma and Pa, and of course Dar, and just the horrible words that monster said just a while ago, I fell asleep.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

I stretched, tired, and slowly opened my eyes sleepily, no matter how hard I fought the urge. A ray of sun penetrated into the room and shone directly on me, illuminating a half of my face and immediately jerking me awake.

"Ugh!" I groaned with the disturbing lights that just came on.

I turned my head, and snuggled under the blanket, not willing to get up any time soon.

Immediately, the blanket got ripped from my body and exposed me to the cold room and disturbing lights.

I turned again and slightly opened my eyes with a cringe on my face. My eyes met with his.

What?

I popped my head back under the cozy furry pillow. I must be dreaming. What the heck is this jerk doing here? He should be in hades second commanding his boss, Lucifer.