Chapter Twenty Three

Bella's POV

I slumped on my bed and buried my face under the pillow, trying to get rid of the booming music that came back on. I shrugged and switched positions, lying on my back and holding he pillow tight between both ears.

His statement replayed in my head and all the more it made me feel stupid.

"Caden, Caden, Caden! you're gonna apologize to me, I swear!" I said in a whisper.

The pillow was having no effect, and I just stood up angrily.

"Arrrrrggh!" I screamed, frustrated I was trying to get some sleep. Was that too much to ask?

Mercedes's phone rang. I hurriedly ran to the dresser and picked it up, placing the phone on my left ear and walking over to the balcony for some quiet.

"Hey, babe! What's up!" I heard a voice of the caller with booming music at the background. It was so loud, my ear drums cried. They were  bent on killing me!

"Hi!" I replied in my liveliest of voices, leaning on the rail in the balcony and gazing at the streets.

"Are you sick? Gosh, You sound a hell of pale," she said with a voice that seemed worried.

"Oh, i'm fine," I quickly cut in to prevent all suspicions.

"Anyway, like there's this party going on at Max's. Its like totally teenage style with a hell of shirtless dudes and big ones too. And when I say big, I do not mean height!" she said and laughed hysterically into the phone, trying her best to turn me deaf.

How dirty could she get?

"Um..okay?" I replied, rolling my eyes and chewing my fingernails, getting almost frozen from the cool breeze outside.

"Okay as in you're coming or okay as in you're not?" she asked excitedly and curiously waited for my response.

"Yeah, I don't think so. Okay as in thanks for the invitation but i'm damn busy," I stated, turning her down. I didn't feel like partying.

"Come on, girl! I swear its totally Mercedes style and who knows, someone might pass through you today!" she said and laughed again.

And the dirty got dirtier. Wow.

"I don't know - " I whined and walked back into the room, getting a robe over my body and sitting on the side of the bed.

"Come on," she pleaded. She wasn't gonna take no for an answer. Was she?

Well since I had nothing else to do for the rest of the night, I could just as well enjoy it. I mean, Mr. Almighty was down there having the night of his life with his little whore, Mackenzie.

"Okay," I finally agreed and heard a loud scream. God, she was loud!

"Yippie!" she exclaimed happily.

"Can't wait to see you," she hung up and I just sighed, tossing the phone to the bed and face palmed myself.

"Banks!" I yelled.

"Coming!" I heard her yell back, followed by running feet that couldn't afford to lose their jobs.

"Yes, ma'am?" she asked, opening my door and walking to my bedside, panting heavily and knotting the belt of her robe with a nice facemask on.

"I'll be going off to a party. Get me ready," I said to her and stood up from the bed, walking over to the mirror.

"Ma'am, the rehearsal is tomorrow and your parents said to - "