Chapter Forty Nine

Caden's POV

Immediately, I rushed and slipped into a black
T shirt, grabbing my keys from the table and and running off.

I tapped the buttons of the elevator repeatedly until it opened then i stepped in hurriedly. Once I reached the last floor,i ran off outside, opening my car and dashing into it, revving the engine, I drove off in full speed.

The famous Dile's.

What the heck was she doing in a bar by that time of the night? If only she had listened to me, I didn't think that would even be happening.

In ten minutes, I pulled over in the parking lot and rushed off into the bar, thoughts rushing in my mind.

It was the usuals. The booming music and dancing girls, horny guys and perverts all around. Not having time for distractions, I lingered my eyes on every surface until I spotted her.

"Sally!" I yelled as I sighted her from afar. She jerked at my voice and pulled away from the guy she was kissing.

"Yeah?" she asked, standing up as I moved to where she was.

"Where the heck is Mercedes?" I continued in rage, my eyes barking at her.

"She said she was going to use the bathroom a couple of minutes ago but I guess she just ran off to - "

Not waiting for her to finish her statement, I immediately dashed off, looking around for the bathroom. With one huge kick, it was burst open and I stared at the scene before my eyes, not wanting to believe it.

Mercedes laid on the floor, her body numb with another on top of her. A pool of blood rushed, sources unknown.

"You, bitch!" I yelled angrily and launched at him, grabbing him by the chest and hitting him in the face a couple of times. Next, I threw him to the floor and strangled him to the point of death, but let go when I heard Mercedes calling out to me. "C - Caden?"

"Breathe," I whispered, holding her hands and staring at her half naked body. Immediately, I got my T-shirt off and covered her body, carrying her light one and trudging out of the restroom.

I saw everyone stare at us. Some people even took videos of the scene but the only thing in my mind was Mercedes. I couldn't stop the thoughts that ran through my head. Unfortunately, they weren't good ones.

Was she going to be okay? What if she died?

"Someone call the police!" I yelled before casting Sally a death glare and walking out of the bar, her eyes staring at Mercedes and somewhat guilt protruding through them.

I placed her in the backseat of the car and stepped in the front, driving to the hospital in a hurry.

                                    °°°°°°°°°°°

"Don't worry. She's gonna be fine. All she needs is a really good rest and lots of care. We've dressed the wounds and she's perfectly alright. Although, she was badly damaged and the wounds might leave a lot of scars. But as the saying how's, time heals everything. Excuse me," The doctor assured and turned to go.

"Thanks doc," I smiled as I stared at Mercedes sleep so quiet and gentle on the bed, her soft blonde hair being packed up and her face brutally bruised. A corner of her lip was deep red, and her neck beaten up and left with purple spots.

Suddenly, her head moved and so did her legs. I watched her carefully and moved a bit closer to her.

"What happened?" she asked, opening her eyes.