Chapter Sixty One

Bella's POV

A cold wind blew strands of my blonde hair that  completely interrupted my sleep to my face and jerked me fully awake. I felt cold metal bars touch my skin lightly, and sent me shivering in the cold.

"All of you, wake up! Time for duty!" A woman yelled as she hit a little stick against a metal plate, her plump body bulging out in the uniform as I stared at her, my hair covering half my face and eye bags making me look like I was in a raccoon fight.

I opened my eyes slowly and felt my head heavy, my eyes burdened with tears. I rubbed the back of my palms to my eyes, clearing my vision properly. A cursory look earned my eyes a look at the other inmates, stretching. I lingered my eyes once more and found the source of the sly wind on my face earlier. A lady kept waving a piece of carton in the air, probably drying the wet shirt that was hung just by the side of my bed.

I walked down the stairs of the bunk and stood by a corner, alone.

I noticed the setting, the somewhat organized cell. Three metal bunk beds stood at each corner of the room and the door on the spare space. There was a little window, leading to the next cell. Though the paint was almost completely scratched off, it looked better than I expected jail to be. But I never expected myself to be in jail. Having a prison record. Oh, God.......

The other inmates just engaged in their stuff and I couldn't help but notice a lady with a bunch of tattoos all over her body. Not to talk of the piercings.

I scrunched my nose and folded my arms against my chest, thinking about my life, my future, my family, and everything.

Poor shame, Bella. Poor shame.

                                   °°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Mr. Luke Belgravia has been put to shock and is currently receiving treatment at a hospital, although it is uncertain when this billionaire would be out of coma. The reason being the viral imposter who posed as his daughter for several months, and never cared to tell anyone. Arabella Leah Allegra is currently in jail and is receiving jail terms for this crime,"

How could one single switch cause such a huge problem? I was done for.

"Allegra! You have a visitor!" The cop said and led me out to the visiting room.

I lumbered behind her as we both walked until she opened the door and I trudged in. I stared at Mercedes who sat at the end with black shades on and a somewhat angry look on her face.

"You low life bitch!" she yelled immediately as she ran to me and pulled my hair, hitting me. I deserved it, really.

"I'm sorry," I apologized as the cop held her away. She breathed so loud as her chest rose and fell, her blonde hair immediately running out of place and her teeth gritted in anger.

"Sorry? Would your sorry bring back my father? Will your fucking sorry bring back my papi? You are such a whore! A bastard! Go to hell, ass! I hate you!" she fumed unsparingly and tears ran down her cheeks, black mascara ruining her pretty face. Her eyes were so vicious and I noticed her clenched fists, ready to tears me into shreds.

I could feel her pain. I was the cause of it. If only I sorted it out earlier...

"I am so sorry," I said again, but this time it was more of  a whisper. A light, sincere and tender one. The kind Ma would give on bad days and Pa would give when he's too tired to talk. The kind I gave when I was very sincere...

"Get lost! Fuck you! Fuck your ass! You are a mother fucking bitch!" she raged, her breaths quickening, her lips pressed against each other. I bent my head in shame.