Chapter Forty

Bella's POV

Day six: (void)

Background hit: Perfect by Anne Marie

Quote: If you're testing my waters, better know how to swim.

I yawned loudly as i stretched and rubbed my eyes with the back of my palms.

It was really cold, and there was a heavy downpour. I snuggled under the duvet and kept moving from side to side, enjoying the perfect weather for two; my duvet and I.

There was a loud thunder and that jerked me up fully awake. I put on my slippers and slipped into the black fur coat that made me so warm.

I gently opened the curtain a bit, peeping into the streets. It was all so clean, washed by the rain and everywhere was so empty, aside from the unlucky pedestrians that hid in newspaper stands. I closed the curtain once again.

"Good morning, ma'am. Here's your coffee. The retreat has been cancelled for today, due to the downpour. Your parents said to stay home," Banks notified and dropped the saucer and mug on my dresser table.

"Thank you, Banks," I smiled as I lumbered to the table and grabbed the mug of coffee. I took a little sip and it made me feel so nice and warm. Nothing like a hot cup of espresso in a cold rainy morning.

"Where's Caden?" I asked before she could leave.

"Oh, he's in his room. Probably asleep," She replied.

"Okay. You can go now," I ordered in a really cold tone and she left, gently closing the door.

I grabbed my towel and walked to the bathroom for a nice warm shower. I prepared the bath in the jacuzzi and when I was done, I gently closed the door.

Cold, I stepped into the shower and just slowly laid in it, enjoying the warmth of the water and the scent of strawberries and bubblegum fragrance.

I was done thirty minutes after, and came down, wrapping the towel around my body and another on my hair.

I slipped into one of the brand new bra tops owned by Mercedes. Brand new, known by the price tags on them and the fact that they were still neatly packed in the box and some undies too.

I stuck my legs out of the jean and kept pulling for my left leg to get through too. I heaved a loud sigh when it finally did, and buttoned the jean up. Next, i put on a blue hoodie with the words 'New York City' boldly written on it.

I dried my hair and combed it to the back, flipping it all front again before grabbing a scrunchie and packing it in a perfect ponytail.

I put on a blue pair of ankle socks I found in a cupboard and finally sprayed some perfume.

"Done," I smiled as I stared at myself in the mirror.

Sitting on the bed and flipping the pages of a magazine, I bored myself out. Where's my little cup of ego's? I thought.

I stood up Lazily from the bed and returned the cup of coffee to the table before heading out the door. I stared at his door just few feet's away from mine. A little visit wouldn't kill.

I knocked softly on the door. There was no reply. I knocked once again and still, no reply.

Choice less, I slowly turned the knob and walked into the room.

A shirtless Caden stood just few feet's away from me, in front of the mirror with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Wrong timing," I mumbled under my breath and turned to go.