Chapter Four

Bella's POV

The screen was really broken but the system was a-okay! I was so tensed back there. My fingers shivered and my body couldn't take it. He seemed rude and I didn't like him at all. Mercedes would have done exactly what I did. Play along and act like everything's fine. Who's he, anyway?

Did I leave a trace of thought? Doubt? What if he knows I'm not Mercedes? Goodness!

The driver pulled up in front of this huge mansion. It was painted white and was beautiful. Roses around the house and a garage with cars more than my own age. A beautiful water fountain stood at the side and I loved it.

It felt like a whole new world. A heaven on earth. I beamed as I looked out and was really fascinated by the view. I was enchanted.

He opened my door and I slowly brought a foot down, staring all around in awe with my eyes widened in bewilderment.

"Thanks," I smiled enthusiastically, snapping out of my fantasy.

There were tons and dozens of maids waiting outside. Like a kind of royalty or something like that.

"This way ma'am," One of them said in a courteous tone and led me inside.

I calmly walked into the mansion, looking around like it was some ancient museum with valued artifacts. I could never afford this, not even in a billion years.

"They're waiting for you ma'am," Another maid reported and ushered me inside the mansion.

"Oh, my Darling! Querida, I missed you so much!" A man said and immediately pulled me into a big hug, squeezing me tight.

I had to act. At least until I place my hand on what's really happening. It sucked a bit but wasn't so bad. After all, they bought it and that's all that ever mattered to me.

"Papi!" I screamed happily in a loud aching teenage girl's voice and hugged him too, almost choking myself in his more than a warm embrace.

"Mamasita!" I yelled happily as I set my eyes on a woman as she spread her arms with a smile. I hugged her lightly with a sense of guilt lingering through my spine and popping up as a migraine.

"It's been so long. How was your tour?" Papi crooned optimistically, staring at me from head to toe like it's the first time he's seen a young lady.

"It was really awesome!" I spat in a small panicky voice. "I had a great time," I added with simple directness, twirling my beautiful brunette with my pinky.

"You've changed so much. I didn't know you were now a brunette. That's so strange," Mamasita dictated. "What happened?"

I fidgeted for a moment before rebooting my brain and said, "Oh,mamasita. Is blonde necessary? Oh, please," I chuckled and pulled a strand off my face, rolling my eyes like some animated teenage barbie doll.

"You were so obsessed with blondes. You hate brunette," Papi said, backing mamasita up.

"It's just hair," I shuddered.

"As far as I can remember, that "hair" is your thing!" Mamasita insisted and touched the tips of my hair in mock astonishment.

"But - " I tried again not wanting to sound fake.

"Let's just have lunch. Shall we?" Papi suggested, interrupting me and moving away from the topic.

Thank goodness!

"The food's delicious," I said, stuffing my mouth with their rich people's food. It was delicious and had a taste I could only see in million-dollar restaurants back at home. We only ate those during rare special occasions like Christmas and most rarely, mine and Darcy's birthdays.