Chapter Twelve

Bella's POV

"Dar!" I yelled impatiently.

She shivered and her voice was really weak, unusually. What was wrong?

"Bella..." she whispered, her voice almost breaking down to silence and tears.

"Yeah?" I asked, really anxious to know what was happening.

"H...Henry is b..back!" she finally blurted out and sent a shiver down my spine, with my head in complete confusion. I froze!

"No! It can't be," I tried to wipe out reality, hoping she'd laugh and say its all a joke. Like she always does...

"He is. We are pretty sure the first person he'll get is ma, then he'll come after you for jailing him," she said in a tensed voice and I could tell how worried she was from her tone.

"I need to be there," I insisted, trying as much as possible to calm myself down and prevent those stinging drops of tears.

"No, Bella. You just stay where you are. You are a lot more safer there," she insisted.

There was a knock on the door. I shrieked.

"I need to hang up now, Dar. I'll call you later. Please take care. Bye,"

"Bye,"

I hung up immediately and buried my phone under the pillow, cleaning my tears instantly.

"Its open!" I yelled and Caden opened the door.
Great! Note the sarcasm.

"Who were you talking to?" he asked, his eyes roaming every single corner of my room, then returning his gaze on me suspiciously.

"None of your concern!" I shot with a blunt look as Dar's voice echoed in my head again and again and again...Oh God!

"Woah! Hold it there, feisty! Aren't you supposed to be thanking me for not ratting you out just a while ago?" he asked, laughing.

"Huh? Thank you? That's pretty strong coming from you. I? Thank YOU? You must be mistaken," I replied, trying to handle the current situation.

"Yadda yadda. yeah, yeah. Don't thank me anymore. I don't really care. You ARE gonna pay back the favour, anyway," he bluffed.

"Just as I thought," I sighed and looked away.

He smirked and went out, walking like he had all the time in the world to himself and I shut the door immediately.

I was so confused. I didn't know what to do. Ma, Pa and Dar were in a ton of trouble. With Henry out, their safety was nothing.

Henry Walter was a monster. He was a devil in disguise. The worst living creature on the planet. In fact, he still is. It saddened my heart every single time I remembered he is my father. Ex father, actually. I mentally disowned him and kicked him out of my life.

Henry Walter, Ma's ex husband, was a torture to the family. He was a drunk and a drug addict. Ma spent years in rehab because of him.
He tortured her, beat her up, raped her forcefully on countless occasions and maltreated the hell out of us, but ma never left him. I just don't know why. I think they call it love. Love my foot. To hell with love.

The most depressing part of the story was, it was not only ma he took advantage of. I, Arabella, was a victim too. Such a sad tale. I hate to remember everything.

Henry used me at a very young age for his stupid, selfish, insatiable sexual desires.
He warned me not to tell anyone, which I did, foolishly, because I was an obedient little child.