Chapter Fifty Nine

Bella's POV

"Miss Mercedes, good morning to you. Your triple shot espresso is served in the white mug on the black saucer and everyone's waiting downstairs for the press con,"

I immediately jerked up from the sound of the voice. It was Banks. Wait. Banks?

"Banks!" I yelled in excitement and sprang up from my bed immediately.

"Yes ma'am. I decided to resume my work here. I must say I missed you," she smiled with a nod with revealed her cute dimples.

"Thanks," I smiled back and stood up, headed for the shower.

I was done and Banks fitted me to a royal blue peplum dress and an orphan blue stiletto with a nice pearl necklace.

"Orphan blue - " Banks said with a long sigh.

"Saddest of all blues!" We both chorused and laughed loudly.

To be honest, I was glad Banks was back. I mean, she'd literally take care of every single thing I had on my plate and anyone would've been glad to have her as a secretary.

"Thank you Banks," I beamed as the laughter disappeared.

"For what?" she asked, putting the finishing touches to my makeup.

"For coming back and for being here. I don't know what I was thinking hiring someone else," I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"It's a pleasure to be back," she smiled back and handed me my purse.

"They're all waiting!" she added and I stood up, headed for the door.

To say I was nervous is an understatement. For some reasons, I couldn't even feel my own sweaty palms or wobbly knees.

"How do I look?" I asked with a forced grin as his face flashed in front of me. His as in Jerk head Caden.

"Perfect!" she responded.

I dashed a smile and nodded slowly, remembering his scent, his touch, his eyes, his everything. It was just him.

I felt like a helpless puppy crazy in love and had nothing to do about it. The fact I was there and he was somewhere way over there..... Made me lose my hopes to the whirlwinds.

Banks and I trudged our way down the stairs and met with the crowd of press that formed in the living room. The press is one thing I'd never wish a human in this life. Not even my enemy.

The place was illuminated with cameras, lights, microphones, speakers and lots of things ready to intimidate me to death.

I took a seat and soon enough, the press con began. I was really nervous, no doubt. I didn't know what to say or what to do or how people would take it. I just had to do it, anyway.

"Good morning, everyone. It is with great pleasure to have you all in this press con," I started with a warm smile, tapping my fingers nervously on the cold table.

"The questions please," Banks said in the microphone and my doom just arrived.

Great!

"Ma'am, is it true you are getting a divorce with Mr. Kensington? And is it true he left you?" A reporter asked in a determined voice and I was awestruck.

"Well - " I started.

"And is the rumor about you and Mr. Cameron Kensington having an affair true? Did you cheat on your husband and make out with his brother?"

"Ma'am are you pregnant for Mr. Cameron Kensington?"

"Ma'am, is it true your identity is fake and you've been pretending all along?" A reporter asked and I froze on the spot.