Chapter Seventy

Bella's POV

I couldn't believe that happened. I just turned down oh-so-mighty Caden! That was honestly more of insane that meritorious. I just couldn't do it. He was perfect and all, but I couldn't bring myself to it.

I held the fluffy pillow to my chest and fell flat to the bed, my eyes wandering about in the beautiful ceiling, thinking of his face and every single thing that got me attracted to him. He was so hypnotic.

A vibration from the table jerked me out of my dreams and I immediately stood up lazily and got my phone. Darcy's name flashed on my screen and I picked the call Immediately.

"Hel - "

"Hello? Arabella Leah Allegra? Is that you?" I heard a thunder of a voice rage in my ears.

I shrieked in fear.

"Um..yeah. Its - "

"You are such a disappointment! I cannot believe you could actually go through with such a devious plan. Where did that attitude come from?" Ma's voice sparked in my ears like water against electricity. I froze on the spot.

No, no, no. No!

"Ma, I - I can explain," I started, chewing my fingernails and pacing from one corner of the room to the next in anxiety.

"Explain? Explain what exactly? The reason behind you being such an irresponsible human being? Being a slut? Going around the world and deceiving people? Tell me! Tell me because I cannot understand you anymore!" she barked angrily and I could only imagine the redness of her face and boiled blood.

A portion of my neck soaked with tears that rolled down my eyes, fell on my cheeks and ran into my shoulder. My vision blurred and my heart shattered. I was much more disappointed in myself.

"Ma, please. It was an accident. Believe me. I never wanted any of this to happen," I begged pitifully, my voice shaking in fear.

"An accident? Arabella you spent not one, not two, not three, not four but a good four and a half months in that place! What has  been going on with you?" she cried out.

"Ma, it's just -  "

"And you dragged Darcy into this? Arabella, words can never describe how disappointed I feel in you. Not even a thousand apologies can redeem my trust in you! You let me down! You just threw every single advice we gave in the bin. What happened to books before boys? And all those promises you made? I - you are in so much trouble!"

"Ma, please forgive me," I begged, hugging my knees as I sat on the cold floor, my head spinning in a thousand directions.

"Forgiveness? Arabella you know that can never be possible! I can't let go of the fact that you betrayed, lied, deceived and caused so much harm not only to your family but to others. You are insane for asking for forgiveness!" she spat plainly and I sunk in sadness, my heart beating really fast.

My face was already swollen, my cheeks red and my eyes the colour of my blood.

I looked up at the door and watched it open slightly until Caden's body finally walked into the room. Oh, goodness!

I held my finger to my lips, telling him to be quiet. The last thing I need now is more problems.

"Ma, please believe me. It was all an accident. I got switched up in the airport and everything happened so fast. I wanted to say something but I was so scared of being jailed," I explained as Caden rested his body just beside me, looking as lost as a puppy.

"But at the end, what happened? You got jailed and you have a prison record! For Christ sake, Arabella, where did we go wrong?" she questioned and I stared at Caden as he mouthed a 'what's wrong?'